Parts needed for a 14" Crafsman Bandsaw

I just purchased a 1 1/2 hp 14" Craftsman Bandsaw.. It is missing the table, trunions.. anyone have a source for these parts.. new or used..

Thanks

Reply to
Tuvia

Missing the table and trunions? You didn't buy a saw, you bought a project. I hope you got a good deal on it :-)

Check the Sears web site. One thing Sears does well is stock parts for the stuff they sell for a long time.

For major parts like the table and trunions, however, I suspect you'll do better finding somebody else that has an old machine that you can scavage for parts. I'd hunt on eBay and

Roy Smith

You are right.. it is a project... I gave $100.00 for it..

I will try the websites you posted..

Thanks

Reply to
Tuvia

Sounds like a fair price. I paid exactly that for a old Craftsman 12"

1/3 HP bandsaw a couple of years ago. I put another $100 or so into it in parts (tires, blade guard, guides, power cord and switch) and about $75 for an assortment of good Timberwolf blades (after wasting about $50 on some horrible Sears blades).

Sounds like you've got a bit more work ahead of you than I did, but in the end you should have a much more substantial machine to show for it.

Reply to
Roy Smith

I went to the Sears' website and it will cost about $150 for the parts I need.... This saw was never used.. it is about 3 years old... the 1 1/2 hp motor is probably worth $100 by itself...

Reply to
Tuvia

then navigate to the part section

Tuvia wrote: