Parts for Old Woodworking Vise

I have an old Columbian Vise (model: 9-R-2) with a bronze release gear that seems to slip in some locations. Does anyone have a fix for this problem or a place where you can buy parts for an old vise?
By the way, Columbian is now owned by Wilson Tool and division of WMH Tool Group (Jet, Powermatic, etc.) and they say they don't have parts.
Thanks

You mean the half nut?
I donno but these folks make the Morgan woodworking vises which should be very close in design, you could ask them to send you pics of their half nuts just to see if it is at least close enough: http://www.milwmal.com/home.htm Relate the size of the vise to them of course.
I asked a machinist about making a copy of mine so I wouldn't wear out the old one, which is an extremely soft brassy kind of metal... $70 ??? Good grief.
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com

Glad to help.
I just went through a storm of the same thinking, but in order to preserve the original part and not wear it out. I sent them (manager at Morgan) a series of pictures of the half nut along side of tape measure and complete explanation of the thread sizes. He replied and said they are the same size, but no doubt made of the same soft brass material. He told me $25, what did you pay?
--
Alex - "newbie_neander" woodworker
cravdraa_at-yahoo_dot-com
He sent me the part and it is not exactly the same but very very close. I put in in my vice and it seems to work very well. He said it was made of Bronze, I think silicon bronze. I paid him $15 which was the price on the parts list he sent me. If it continues to work well, I might buy another as a spare. I would rather have a bronze part to wear out then a steel screw. Thanks again for the tip on where to get it.
foster239