Partialy OT. conputer help

I've just had this happen for the 3rd time: I'm using Netscape 4.7 for reading news groups. Actually read; "the rec." and the two ABPW and ABPF and RCM ( rec.crafts.metalworking ). Some how the entire file of headers for, only the rec, gets missing adn I have to download the entire 13000+ list before I can read the last days worth of maybe 400. With only a 33K modem it is a real pain. This only has happened for this group and only, I think, 3 times in the last several months. Can anyone tell me if I have done something inadvertently when closing the news reader or if I have something going bad in the computer or program? I don't see how it could be related to anything my ISP ( Earthlink ) could do. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. ...lew...
DELETE the newsgroup .. .. .. power down, reboot, reSUBSCRIBE to the newsgroup .. .. .. should be O.K. .. .. ..
Lewis Hartswick wrote:

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!
On Sat, 02 Aug 2003 15:05:00 GMT, "<<<___ Bob ___>>>"

No need to reboot.
Use "Online", "Refresh Groups List". Use "Edit" to find the ng of interest, then subscribe to that ng.
Exit and restart of Agent shouldn't be required.
Been using Agent for years, never seen this problem. Cheers, Fred McClellan the dash plumber at mindspring dot com

[snip]
Just taking a wild guess but do you get the same usenet server each time you download? Sometimes you are given an name such as news.bigcompany.com which each time you contact it gives you any one of a number of servers which can be different.
I had use a ip address for a specific server once to deal with such a problem to insure I got the same server in the group.
Wes