Parade Magazine - HF

Parade Magazine is a Sunday supplement to many newspapers across the nation. I almost never look at it because it has articles like "What every woman was wearing at the Cat Show," but for some reason I happened to glance through it today.

The magazine contained an ad for Harbor Freight, with 14 coupons.

None of the coupons interested me (rechargeable plumb-bob, push-button light switches, assorted reverse-thread nuts and bolts, etc.).

The ad DID have your standard 20% off coupon, but this is no big deal inasmuch as we all now know where to get one on the web

What the ad did have, however, is a coupon for a FREE FLASHLIGHT! Yippee!

Don't throw out the Sunday paper.

Reply to
HeyBub

Shirley, You jest.

Reply to
Chuck

That free flashligh has been free with a coupon for about a year

Reply to
knuttle

That flash light is not worth the gas to drive and get it unless you are going there anyway.

Reply to
Leon

And the freebee requires a minimum purchase - least in AZ.

It is a nice little flashlight (9-led 1-AA) and I have them in the cars/trucks and the house. Being old and half blind, the do come in handy...

Reply to
Doug Winterburn
9 LEDS, 3 - AAA batteries.

$9.00/pr at Home Depot

9 white, 2 red, 1 green, 2 flashing red.

Pick your poison.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

And even then, they'd have to pay me to take any more away from them. I got two "free" and they both crapped out in situation where it was a royal PITA to go and get one that worked. Never again.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Reply to
mungedaddress

They were out right free in Houston, TX. My 90 year old father saw the ad and just had to have the FREE, "this time it was the flash light", item. We drove 16 miles one way and got nothing else. Oh, and burned at least $8 worth of gas.

Reply to
Leon

Could it possibly be operator error?

Reply to
HeyBub

Anything is possible? :-) However, with one button to push, it is highly unlikely.

Add to the equation my experience that any "rubber covered push-switch" in the Harbor Freight arsenal suffers the same design/quality flaw, and logic leads me to believe the hoof thunder I hear is horses, not unicorns.

Reply to
-MIKE-

If it was then I'm an error operator too. :-(

Reply to
MaxD

Don't make fun of those little flashlights. I have a bunch of them, they are handy to have around and for free, I get plenty.. there was a long time I could not get them. They were always out of them.

Reply to
woodchucker

I've got about a dozen of them and have had only one go bad (bad switch?).

No Sunday paper needed:

Spalted Walt

Reply to
mungedaddress

Yea, but you made him happy.

You should check out the clamps, there is a geared clamp like the bessey kliklamp. I went and bought one to try out.. it was $19... at least I thought it was. Turns out it was $10 and with the 20% coupon wound up being $8. I had my wife in the car with my dog and had her run in for one... w/coupon. Should have bought more. They are really good. I had to run the sander on the rubber pad to remove the knobby pads... It depressed in pine.. took them off then the damng thing is perfect. No marring softwood, but a hell of a lot of pressure. That makes LV and HF both having the kliklamp knock offs. They are both different, the LV is light duty, the HF is heavier duty with more pressure. Nice mechanism too.

I used them tonight.. (both) very happy with both. They are nice additions and I'll be adding more of both...plus a kliklamp or 2 also.

Reply to
woodchucker

Checkout the binaries for pics of these great clamps.

Reply to
woodchucker

It rained on my Parade.

Reply to
G. Ross

I agree. I sawed off the business end of three of them and am fashioning the results - along with a 4.5vdc wall-wart - into an under-counter light for the kitchen.

I've just got to install an outlet connected to the overhead lighting and I'm all set.

(I salvaged the supplied batteries. That's a $2.00 saving right there...)

Reply to
HeyBub