Panoply corp as source for plywood?

Has Anyone ordered plywood from a company called Panoply (http://www.panoplycorp.com /)? I am interested in their cherry ply which has a good price ($79 for a 4x8x3/4 sheet) but I am curious about quality and shipping costs. I am going to call them about the shipping but if anyone has gotten some product and could comment on quality and service I'd appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks in advance. -D

price for 10+ sheets as 1. Typically there is a minimum charge for freight and it is probably more than the cost of 1 sheet of plywood. You might wont to consider "loading up". I would however, be interested in hearing what you find out.
The shipping turned out to be pretty reasonable. The nice person on the phone quoted me the crating and shipping charges for 4 sheets of the 3/4" and 4 sheets of the 1/2". The total shiiping costs were $260.31 and she said it would be about $50 cheaper if it was delviered to a commercial address.
So now .... Does any one know about quality? I may order a smaller piece as a sample before I jump in with a big order. Looking at my project (wall of office builtins) I am going to need more sheets than I guessed when I got the quote. -D

I suspect this is Chinese plywood; they send the cherry logs over, laminate them, then send the finished plywood back. I picked up 10 sheets for $66 ea. (4x8x3/4) in the SF bay area last month. Plainsawn veeners, the ply looks good with no voids so far.
Your shipping is about $32 per sheet; which brings your final cost to just over $100 a sheet. You should be able to find it locally for close to that price, unless you're in the middle of nowhere.
scott

I am thinking his shipping cost is $65 per sheet since he is only buying 4 sheets.
Leon wrote:

He's buying 8 sheets:

-jav

Sorry Scott, for my previous post. Javier pointed out the fact that 8 sheets are being purchased instead of 4 sheets. I totally agree with you.
Scott Lurndal wrote:

Panoply's website suggests they make the plywood themselves, in Lexington, TN?
-jav

Where are you located vs where is the plywood located ???
$79 a sheet sounds good but shipping could eat your lunch.
Cherry plywood is not that hard to come by.
dustybasemt wrote:

All, Thanks for the input. To clear up the math .... the quote I got was for a total of 8 sheets (4 sheets of 1/2" and 4 sheets of 3/4") If you count in the cost of the wood (4@ $69 and 4@$79 = $592 ) I get a total delivered cost of $852.31. So about $106 a sheet average delivered from TN to the philadelphia area. I agree that if I order more the shipping costs/sheet should go down. I am comparing this to a quote of $123/sheet of 1/2" and $143/sheet of 3/4" cherry for a local lumber place delivered. Maybe I should shop around more locally to what what better deals I can find. Does anyone have a recommendation for a cherry ply source in the Philly area? I'd need it delivered since I don't have a vehicle large enough to pick it up. Although I suppose I could harrass a friend with a vehicle or rent a vehicle if the price was rght. Thanks in advance. -D
On 28 Jan 2006 17:34:09 -0800, dustybasemt wrote:

Industrial Plywood in Reading. They *may* deliver, you'll have to call to find out. BTW, its worth the trip to visit them. It's a plywood/sheet goods candy store.
http://www.industrialplywood.com
You're the second person I've suggested this outfit to in just a few days. I have no connection whatsoever with the company. Just a happy customer.
--
Art

Art, Thanks for the recommendation. I saw your other post after I posted my last note... The industrial plywood site has quite an impressive list of items. I am thinking of making the trip up. I actually live NW of Philly so Reading isn't all that far. The problem is that they have discontinued their Saturday hours. (at least that's what the website says). I wonder if they will be open President's day which I have off. In any case, I'll have to call, check their prices and see if they will deliver down my way.
Thanks to all and if anyone actually gets some ply from Panoply let us all know about the quality! -D

Toronto for about $70CDN/sheet, or about $60USD. 1/2" wasn't much more. Rob

But not delivered hundreds of miles.