Panel Saw seen beating crap out of Table Saw

Page 4 of 4
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 13:34:00 GMT, "U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles" <"Charles
......and in reply I say!:

.....which describes _every_ wood working tool doesn't it? <G> ***************************************************** It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it rammed down our throats.

I made one with sliding door hardware for the rails. Works perfectly, accurate within 1/32". Prefer table saw for everything but cross cutting sheet goods. Takes up very little room, plus I put it on castors to move around the shop.
mike
On 23 Jul 2004 14:12:43 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com (mike) wrote:

post pictures?
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:18:29 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Yes please. I second that. ***************************************************** It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it rammed down our throats.
Fri, Jul 23, 2004, 2:12pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@netzero.com (mike) says: I made one with sliding door hardware for the rails. Works perfectly, accurate within 1/32". Prefer table saw for everything but cross cutting sheet goods. Takes up very little room, plus I put it on castors to move around the shop.
Now that's an interesting concept. I'd like to see some pictures of that. Except I'd havy to spend money. LOL If I had any that is. however, it does give me some ideas on using angle iron (also have to buy), or bed rails, which I wouldn't have to buy. Been thinking about someting along those lines, out of wood, this would probably be better.
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe JERUSALEM RIDGE http://www.banjer.com/midi/jerridge.mid
I have a Full sized DeWalt panel saw that was missing the saw when I got it. I installed a circular saw in it & it works great. I paid $100 for it. I have a full shop including 10" CS,6" Jointer, 12" portable planer 12" RAS & 12" CMS RA drill press both 12" & 14" Band saw, Mortiser, Spindle sande & 9"/48" combo sander & a 50 gal air compressor, welder & 3'x5' workbench/out-feed table & a 2 HP DC. All in a 13'5" x 24'5" shop.
Ya its crowded. But I have built a 8' long black melamine computer desk it this shop so it can't be to bad.
The panel saw is what makes a small shop workable. Just put the sheet goods through the PS first & it makes it a whole lot easier to handle in a small shop.
I only have 1 36" door into the shop & straight ahead is the PS & I store full sized sheet goods behind the PS.
Another thing it is a real back saver. Remember you only have one back, so protect it.
Tue, Jul 27, 2004, 10:19pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@iwon.com (Bart) claims: <snip> The panel saw is what makes a small shop workable. <snip>
That's sorta correct. My shop's way too small for a panel saw. I get them sliced where I buy. First 3 cuts free, the rest $.25 each. But, they usually don't charge.
IF I still could handle full sheets, I'd just cut them down on the back of my truck, with a straightedge, and circular saw. But, I can't, so I don't.
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe JERUSALEM RIDGE http://www.banjer.com/midi/jerridge.mid

Me too usually. Gott'a be careful with MDF. Seven out'a ten times the cutter forgets about the extra inch.
patrick conroy wrote:

That's why I always (OK most of the time) carry a tape and a pencil.
UA100, who doesn't wrestle 4X8's down the stairs...
You actualy find them that can measure?

cutter
If you have them cut to size where you buy, do one of two things. Either provide oversized dimensions, or measure before you leave.
I just had some plywood cut for me at my local Big B. The shop hand cut if for me on their fancy schmancy panel saw and loaded it into my pickemup truck. Got home and they were all 1/4 short. Fortunately for me, the dimensions I gave were all a little oversized and I was still able to trim everything down to correct size.
Wayne
(Bart) claims: