Panel Handler by Shopcart

I saw one of these on display at Louis & Company in Grand Prarie, TX. Wanted one ever since. Hopefully this summer I can afford it. I'm not old, but at 58, I have a hard time with some sheet stock (too many injuries from being a hero in my youth). Take a look at this and see if it would work for you.
http://www.shopcartsusa.com /
Forgot to add that it is balanced so that the sheets can be tilted to level so that they can be moved easily onto a saw or assembly table.
| I saw one of these on display at Louis & Company in Grand Prarie, TX. | Wanted one ever since. Hopefully this summer I can afford it. I'm not old, | but at 58, I have a hard time with some sheet stock (too many injuries from | being a hero in my youth). Take a look at this and see if it would work for | you. | | http://www.shopcartsusa.com / | |
Woodstuff,
Look around in magazine indexes. Swore I saw something similar in either Am. Woodworker, Shop Notes (most likely), or even Fine Woodworking, about 2 or 3 years ago.
The one Morris Dovey did is a great one tho!
A couple of issues ago Am. Woodworker had a rolling sheet goods cart. I'm halfway thru building mine. Doesn't tilt, but you might be able to figure some modification.
MJ Wallace
I will look for what you mentioned. I built one 15 years ago but is was just flat and got in my way mostly. Do you have the link for Morris Dovey's, as I didn't get his post.
Thanks, woodstuff
| Woodstuff, | | Look around in magazine indexes. Swore I saw something | similar in either Am. Woodworker, Shop Notes (most likely), or | even Fine Woodworking, about 2 or 3 years ago. | | The one Morris Dovey did is a great one tho! | | A couple of issues ago Am. Woodworker had a rolling sheet goods cart. | I'm halfway thru building mine. Doesn't tilt, but you might be able to | figure some modification. | | | MJ Wallace |
woodstuff wrote: | I will look for what you mentioned. I built one 15 years ago but | is was just flat and got in my way mostly. Do you have the link | for Morris Dovey's, as I didn't get his post.
Try http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/shop_cart.html
| woodstuff wrote: | | I will look for what you mentioned. I built one 15 years ago but | | is was just flat and got in my way mostly. Do you have the link | | for Morris Dovey's, as I didn't get his post. | | Try http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/shop_cart.html | | Morris Dovey
Thanks!
woodstuff

I could build one easily enough but I don't have a place to store it when not in use.
Max
On Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:40:33 -0600, "Max"

Here's your chance at fame - design one that folds flat when not in use!
Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
Here's your chance at fame - design one that folds flat when not in

This one works for me: http://kontraband.com/show/show.asp?IDR71&CAT=tvads&NSFW=0&rtn=search-5271&Keywords=gorilla%20gripper&nl=1
--
NuWave Dave in Houston

"Mike Patterson" wrote "Max" wrote:

If I can find the time I just might do that. But not for fame.......for me. :-) Here's my homemade scaffold: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net/album?.dir=/5ae8&.src=ph
Max
woodstuff wrote: | I saw one of these on display at Louis & Company in Grand Prarie, | TX. Wanted one ever since. Hopefully this summer I can afford it. | I'm not old, but at 58, I have a hard time with some sheet stock | (too many injuries from being a hero in my youth). Take a look at | this and see if it would work for you. | | http://www.shopcartsusa.com /
Good idea. What worked for me is shown at the link below. I'm almost certain mine cost less - and it has been used as much as a work/assembly bench as a sheet handler...
-- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/shop_cart.html
Sun, Jun 24, 2007, 4:30pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@iedu.com (MorrisDovey) doth sayeth: Good idea. What worked for me is shown at the link below. I'm almost certain mine cost less - and it has been used as much as a work/assembly bench as a sheet handler...
Very slick Morris. One nice thing is, you can custom size it, with no loss of versitility, taking up even less space in a smaller shop. Only thing, then you'd lose some potential workbench space.
Now you just need to paint it, or soak it in Diesel fuel, to keep the carpenter bees away. LOL
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
J T wrote:
| Now you just need to paint it, or soak it in Diesel fuel, to | keep the carpenter bees away. LOL
Great minds think alike. :-D
Since those pix were taken, I added three coats of spar varnish and occasional coats of Johnson's floor wax. The varnish was mostly for looks and the wax makes easy removal of glue and overspray. It's been a handy little gizmo.
Back when I built it, commercial panel-handling carts were running well over $500, so I figure my $30 was well-spent. :-)
What was Morris's link? I didn't see his post on my reader.
Thanks, woodstuff