Panasonic 15.6volt Multi-tool Impact Wrench Drill/Driver

I am considering to buy this one. I have an 8 years old 12V Panasonic Drill that I love. The clutch is slipping though. I have heard some good things about Impact drivers for driving screws. 12v Impact driver itself is only $40 cheaper than this multi-tool. So, I think this is a good deal. Now, here is my concern. When the keyless drill chuck is attached, the whole thing becomes pretty long - 11inch. Isn't it a problem ? I want to hear from the folks who have been suing this tool. Thanks !

Reply to
pondria

Something else to consider. Panasonic is a premium top notch product. My

9.6 Panasonic is going on 12 years old. I am buying the impact driver also but I am getting the Makita. From the back of the driver to the chuck is right at 6". I seriously doubt that I will ever use a "drill" chuck on it. With that in mind, if you buy one of the particular 12 or 14 volt Makita impact drivers before Dec 31 you can send in for a free same voltage MForce Makita drill using the rebate.

Something else to consider when driving screws with an impact driver, driving with variable speed will let you finesse it more easily than a non variable speed. I do not know if Panasonic is variable speed but I do know that some DeWalt impact drivers are not.

Reply to
Leon