PALS and craftsman table saw FYI.

Hi,

A while ago, I upgrade my older Emerson-made craftsman table saw with the PALS system from woodcraft. I was very happy to be able to adjust the blades trueness to the miter slot so easily.

However, I recently discovered that with the PALS system installed, I couldn't tilt the blade all the way to 45 degrees. The whole motor/blade/belt/arbor assembly collided with the bolt from the PALS system once I got the table to about 38 degrees.

I took the PALS bolt out, and put the original craftsman bolt in, but kept the PALS L-Bracket thingy. Still, I was only able to the tilt the saw to about 40 degrees.

What I wound up doing was grinding the head of the bolt to half of its thickness. Finally, I was able to get the blade tilted to 45. Finally.

This is just an FYI for anyone out there who has this system installed, or has wondered about it.

Has anyone out there had this problem besides me?

- Thanks,

Todd

Reply to
Todd Seidenberg

Todd,

Thanks for the heads up! I just put the PALS system on my old Craftsman belt-drive saw, and I can honestly say I haven't tried a 45 cut yet. But, I'll look out for it.

FWIW had to replace the OEM motor the other day, after 20 years of good service. I was resawing 6/4 hard maple. Went w/ an Emerson 1.5HP motor.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Heyen

Actually, I'd be interested to know how it turns out. I can't be the only one that has had this problem, since so many of these table saws were made.

You think WoodCraft would repsond well to a letter about this?

- Todd

Reply to
Todd Seidenberg