painting with latex

I recently built two cabinets and bookshelves for my den as built in units. I (the wife) wants me to paint them rather then stain etc. I do not have a spray unit but want to get by without brush strokes. Can a foam roller be used and shud I thin the paint first. I am using a satin finish. The doors are the biggest problem. Stains and clear coats have worked great without an issue but this seems to be an entirely different animal. thanks

Reply to
bob kater

Add Floetrol to the latex. follow the directions on the bottle, Bob.

dave

Reply to
David

What Dave said.

Also, Jeff Jewitt did an excellent article about painting furniture in a recent "Wood Magazine" issue. The same issued had a pine pie safe on the cover.

You can buy a reprint of the "Wood" article here:

FWW also did an excellent article on painting last year.

Barry

Reply to
B A R R Y

Reply to
bob kater

Consider also using a flat pad brush instead of a roller brush. It leaves a spray painted look finish with "latex". The foam closed cell rollers are good on oil based paints.

Reply to
Leon