Painting Question

I'm painting a kitchen and the previous painter left a think yellow line of paint around the cabinets. I tried a paint scraper (no use) and a razor scraper (took off a little of the dark brown finish of the cabinet). What's the solution? I'm thinking of buying some thick brown stain and touching up the cabinets as best as I can.
Thanks,
S.
I've had success with a product called Goof-Off (don't recall exactly what's in it) when trying to remove paint from a finished surface. As the label sez, test on an inconspicuous spot for compatibility with the underlying finish. It will require some patience, and elbow grease.
samson wrote:

@npspam.earthlink.dot.net says...

Thanks! I will try that.
S.