Painting polyurethaned treads

Hi! My stairsets turned out an awful orange (supposed to be 'cherry') and were sealed with polyurethane before I could stop the painters. I want to paint them a colonial color (dark blue or green maybe). I would like to do the treads, risers and possibly the handrails. Is this possible? What products can I use? The steps get moderate use. Thanks!!

Reply to
quester4