Painted Outdoor project - need PT lumber?

I'm building a storage shed/play house and was wondering about the need for using Pressure Treated dimensional lumber on the 2nd floor (Play house area). All of the lumber in this area will be primed and painted with exterior latex paint, so I don't know if I need to use PT lumber in this area. The first floor joists, framing and flooring will be PT since it is in close proximity to the ground, but if I don't have to use PT on the kids area, I'd prefer not to.
Anyone have experience with this and know if regular KD lumber will be OK if it's being properly primed and painted?
Thanks
tillius wrote:

You did not say where you are.... However, assuming at least some rainfall you need to do something.
I would not use pressure treated lumber for children s play areas myself. Assuming it still contains toxic elements... You can look this up on the web... http://www.google.ca/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial_s&hl=en&q=pressure+treated+lumber+toxic&btnG=Google+Search
Probably cedar, cypress or Ipe would be a better choice of wood. Something that does _not_ need treatment. It would be safer for the kids.
And as someone once posted here -- use a long lasting wood and use your spare time to do something other than paint outdoor furniture.
$.02 please. :-)
--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek

Questions in return:
Is wooden _house_ siding PT ?
How long does *it* last, just 'primed and painted'?
<grin>
You use PT for two reasons. 1) 'rot' resistance when in extended contact with moisture. 2) discouraging insect life, and similar critters from taking up residence _in_ the material.
Another option is do build "like a house" -- concrete "slab on ground", with, say three tiers of concrete block, and _then_ the framed walls, etc. Would pretty much eliminate the need for any PT lumber.