Painted Hinges

We're talking about remodeling my in-law's kitchen, and I just learned that my mother-in-law has always dreamed of yellow cabinets with orange hinges.

It sounds bizarre to me, but just out of curiosity, does anyone actually make orange hinges? I wouldn't think painting a hinge would be very successful or long lasting.

Anthony

Reply to
HerHusband

HerHusband wrote: > We're talking about remodeling my in-law's kitchen, and I just learned that > my mother-in-law has always dreamed of yellow cabinets with orange hinges. >

Painting would be a piece of cake if you shoot 2 part LP used on boat hulls.

These days, $200/gal and a damn good spray gun should do it.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

You could let them rust :) - That's sort of a burnt orange.

Other than doing a search for specialty hinges - don't know for sure.

Vic

Reply to
Vic Baron

Tue, Jan 23, 2007, 7:39pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@unknown.com (HerHusband) doth sayeth: yellow cabinets with orange hinges. I wouldn't think painting a hinge would be very successful or long lasting

Sounds reasonable to me. I'd ask hinge makers if they make 'em in orange. If not, painting wouldn't be a big deal. Long lasting? Think about it, car paint jobs last years, so why not hinges? Prep 'em, prime 'em, paint 'em. No prob..

JOAT Bugrit. Millennium hand AND shrimp.

Reply to
J T

Sounds bizarre to me too. That is an awful combination. Undoubtedly their are orange hinges somewhere. There is no problem painting hinges, it is done all the time. If you want a good finish you need to spray them with one of the major paints used for metal.

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

If her and JOAT are both single, I see a match made in heaven!

Reply to
B A R R Y