Paint stripping with soda blaster

Michael Drsdner's latest column describes a new process of blasting paint off of wood with a soda blaster-- basically sandblasting, but using baking soda instead of sand. It sounds like it'd be a lot better than the chemical methods I've been using. However, it requires a compressor, a blaster, and the baking soda itself, not to mention the cleanup and containment issues.
I'd love to know how well this works. Anyone have any experience with it?
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 11:29:25 -0500, Brian Siano
Not too well. But cleanup is fairly easy (you don't !), you can use it on soft aluminium without denting, and it doesn't damage plastic. It has been used for aircraft for some years, and it should offer some benefits for timber, if you really need to strip it so aggressively.
If you have a compressor, then try a "pressure pot" blaster. They're not too expensive, or you can build your own from an old gas cylinder and some welding.
--
Smert' spamionam

I don't know how well this would work on wood, but I do know if you drink a lot of coffee and your teeth are stained, your dentist may well use a baking soda blaster on your teeth--mine does from time to time.