Paint stick back scratcher

Page 1 of 2
Use a long paint stick. Mark two lines, one 1/4 inch from the end and the other 1/2 inch from the end.. Then, using a band saw, cut about 9 cuts into the end up to the 1/4 inch line. Then sand the cut end on both sides. Then cut the end off at the 1/2 inch line and glue it on to the stick at an angle. Voila! A back scratcher! Works great and it's free.
Nantz
On 1/2/2010 9:53 AM, Nantz wrote:

LOL ... and here's a Deluxe, contrasting wood, medieval, woolly back, 'your itches itch', version.
1/4" holes, drilled in a suitably shaped piece of scrap, filled with dowels run through the shop pencil sharpener to custom sharpness:
http://www.e-woodshop.net/images/ItchGetter.jpg
Same price. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Holy Crap!
I hope that has instructions for proper use!
That thing looks like you would be dragging a sabre tooth cat's claw across your back.
Are you sure that isn't some kind of torture device or German sex toy?
=^0
Robert

Oh, but it feels sooooooooooooo good!
:)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

REAL men use a circular saw blade with a 5/8" threaded rod run through the arbor hole for a handle. When some of the teeth get dull from scratching your back, just rotate it a fuzz and you'll have new, sharp teeth. Freud works best, but some guys are happy with DeWalt, also.
--
Nonny

That one is better looking than mine and it looks more.....manly. I'll try yours. Thanks. Nantz

B.

I gave 5 of them for Xmas gifts and they were much appreciated. One present I got was a Silver Bullet remote control helicopter and it is not easy to figure out. I've crashed it 100 times but the blades are on a hinge and don't break. I finally learned how to stop it from spinning with a button labeled 'trim' but the left and right turn button isn't so obedient for me. I'm working on it. Nantz
On 1/5/2010 11:04 PM, Nantz wrote:

I feel/felt your pain! :)
Demolished/bent more than one tail rotor guard *trying* to learn to hoover a Bell Ranger back in the day. Trying was about as good as it got ... for me, a 50 acre rice paddy, or larger, was also mandatory. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

On 1/6/2010 3:41 PM, CW wrote:

Fortunately, there was no dearth of rice paddies in SE Asia in the late 1960's, or Bell Rangers with intact tail rotors for that matter. :)
Being one of them there FO's, and routinely calling in artillery from both fixed and rotary winged aircraft, as well as on the ground; and since, as always, landing is never optional, it was considered a practical, if not official, expedient to have at least some idea how to effect same if, Buddha forbid, the necessity arose.
.... if you know what I mean. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I can't seem to remember. Oh, well.

It's not just you.

Hell, I don't remember the last time I reached the middle of my back!

In fact, if I don't get this Holiday gut off, I won't be able to reach my belly-button!

yes
--
Nonny

Bragging or one of us. How old is old.
30 is old, so is 40 and 50 and 60 .... depending on the reference.
Martin
RonB wrote:

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 07:14:08 -0800 (PST), the infamous RonB

Let's add spinal arthritis, planar fascitis, tinnitus, and, um, allergies to the stew, OK?
Old Fartes also inhabit the RCM group, and probably a lot more.
-- Society is produced by our wants and government by our wickedness. --Thomas Paine
What happened to having a prostate the size of a grapefruit?
Nonny
scrawled the following:

--
Nonny