Paint Sprayer Question

I'm thinking of adding a paint/stain sprayer to my PC air compressor. Can anyone give advise on what type of sprayer would work on this compressor? I'm afraid the compressor will be underpowered for many sprayers. The specs on the compressor are 2 HP, 6 Gal. 3.7 SCFM@40 psi-

2.7 SCFM @ 90 psi.

Any ideas?

Reply to
direct2paul

an inexpensive non bleeder gun such as the ones found at Wal-Mart or even Harbor Freight should work ok with that set up. A gravity feed would probably be preferable

A bleeder gun has a constant flow of air out of the nozzle whether you are actually spraying or not. This would cause a compressor with a 6 Gal. reserve tank to have to cycle frequently and unnecessarily. A non bleeder stops the air flow when you release the trigger.

A gravity feed gun doesn't require pressurizing the cup to feed the fluid so you'll get a little better performance.

Reply to
Mike G

Most touch-up guns will work with that compressor. They spray a smaller pattern and have correspondingly smaller cfm requirements. You wouldn't want to paint a yacht with one but they're fine for cabinet doors, boxes, etc..

In terms of spraying paint, you'll have a tough time spraying latex with any non-pressurized gun> Oil paints usually work fine with a bit of thinning, same with most clearcoats.

Reply to
mp

Look at the guns you're thinking of and find one that will work with that air delivery volume. If you can't, look at compressors.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

accuspray 19c.

I have one. it's made for use with small compressors.

great gun. not cheap.

Reply to
bridger