Paint questions

Page 2 of 2
On Tue, 09 Jul 2013 08:25:47 -0500, Leon wrote:

Thanks
I've almost settled on SW ProMar 200 semigloss. Not cheap, not grossly expensive, supposedly on the higher end of durable.
Still considering the oil based paints.
There are a huge array of products, all blanketed in layers of marketing hype, you spend your money and take your chances.
basilisk

Virtually no oil based primers in Ontario Home Depot stores, and even at Sherwin Williams oil based paints are virtually extinct.
Had a problem with water based brimer softening drywall patche - making them blister - untill I got "smart" and sprayed a thin coat of automotive touchup enamel/laquer over the patch first.
On 7/9/13 12:05 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Since discovering Zinsser BIN, I don't even mess around with other products. I think Karl and Leon both turned me on to it. It's shellac based primer that dries fast and hard. It's expensive but nothing works as well.
I've used other, cheaper, Zinsser primers that weren't shellac based and they performed equally well. If you know exactly what you're going over and what's going on top, pick and choose the exact primer. If you don't know for certain, just get the BIN.
But either way, I'd say go with Zinsser.
--

-MIKE-

"-MIKE-" wrote:

If you want an argument, you'll have to change the subject.
Lew