Paint on a handplane

Hi all, I just bought a Stanley 5 1/4 junior jack in great condition, though it needs a new cutter, it is the one with original navy blue paint on the bed and frog, not black japanning. And "regular wood" tote and knob, not rosewood. It is really decent quality, not like the maroon colored planes which were exceedingly poor.

However as used, it came with "accidental" cheap green spray paint all over it on the blue paint and the tote and knob... I don't want to remove any original blue paint (which is 100%) , should I use paint thinner or stripper...soap water and scotchbrite...any suggestions?

Also, are there any super good prices on HCS cutters out there? Maybe by a private maker or otherwise? (I know about A2)

Reply to
AAvK