Paint for kitchen cabinets

Any thoughts on a good paint to repaint kitchen cabints? They are painted in oil right now. Looking for a statan finish, very durable, some what fast drying and waterborne. The cabinets can either be sprayed or hand painted. thanks

Reply to
Jeff

I ran out of answers when you said waterborne. We believe in the old fashioned durability of oil based enamel. My mother-in-law's home has enamel work that looks like new after 35 years. We did our kitchen cabinets with similar finish about 6 years ago.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

I would urge you to go oil for durability. I have used Benjamin Moore products with great results. A painter friend of mine uses MAB paints and swears by them. Stay away from the "Mega Low Mart" products. Support your local small business. Auto paints are another option that would give you a level of durability not to be found in house paints.

Reply to
Jay Poe

Melamine paint is very durable and would work well for cabinets, but it doesn't meet your other requirements of fast dry and waterborne.

Reply to
mp

I always use Melamine paint to paint my MDF furniture and kitchen cabinet doors. It's very durable and yields a low gloss surface. I use rollers but it can also be sprayed if you have a spray cabin. It isn't waterborne though, doesn't dry fast and you need at least 3 coats.

Reply to
mare