Paint for crib....

I started sanding the crib from my first 2 boys and getting it for the new arival in January. My question is what is the best paint to use.....I am thinking that latex wood be the best. I have heard that there is a non-toxic paint fot toys. I also have read that most paint is non-toxic when cured but want to be as safe as I can.......................Brian

Reply to
Brian In Hampton

You can not buy toxic finishes in the U.S. (when it is dry). By law.

Some finishes are considered food safe- not sure about any paints.

Shellac is actaully edible- I'll bet you've ingested some recently. They use it to coat pills.

I used some "toy friendly" wood dyes for a puzzle I did last year, for my nephew. I may not have harmed him in any way, but the darn stuff would come off on your fingers as you played with the puzzle.

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

MilkPaint and Shellac. You won't get any safer. Buy powders/flakes and mix it yourself to insure you don't get any chemicals that might have been used for shelf stabilizers.

Reply to
Geck