PADDLE BOAT

http://www.thewoodcrafter.net/proj/p67.php
No, not on a toy boat kick, looking for something.
J T wrote:

G'day JOAT, When I was a kid we used to make something similar and sail them on the dams. We used a cork for the rear paddle with pieces of tin cut from a fruit/baked bean can and sliced them into the cork on 4 sides for blades. If you put 3 or 4 lackey bands on it you could get the front to plane quite nicely, but they would never go as far a a single lackey wound tight.
regards John
Wed, Aug 22, 2007, 3:26pm (EDT+12) ""johntoymaker\"@large puddle.com"> (JohnB) waves and says: G'day JOAT, When I was a kid we used to make something similar <snip>
Hiya John. We made 'em too. Don't recall just how the paddlwheels were made, but the results were about the same. Amazing how adults now need plans to make something like this, and as kids we didn't use plans at all. Used to make darts too, take a corncob, stick thre feathers in one end, and a nail, point out, in the other end.
The really sad thing about toys like this is that I make and sell them for$11 each at craft shows. I'm not sad about the money, it's an easy buck, just sad that more kids would rather buy then make and so many parents have no idea of how to make toys like this.