Padding for plane knobs?

Page 2 of 2

Let me see if I understand this ......your plane knob is bothering your hands? If the knob is rough, smooth it! If your hands are soft, use them and they will be ok after a while. I once read that when someone says he is building a boat, you need only shake hands with him to determind if he is having the boat built or is actually doing the work.
Got any auto junkyards? find a pistol grip shifter screw in a double machine stud and cut the threads you need and than screw in the grip to the existing hole.