Overuse of machine tools?

They're *NOT* "phony names". The names of various cuts, and the cuts themselves, vary by region. Demand that *your* name for the cut of meat is the only "true name" is absurd and quite arrogant.

Absurd. How does agreeing with *your* names assure that they are getting what is advertised?

They have weighed the merits of spending time considering such things. It's *not* important to some. Some *like* plastic furniture. If it's not your cup, fine, but they're not inferior beings for having different tastes and priorities.
snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

You know, you really are a dipshit. An ignorant one at that.
Have you never seen a supermarket selling a thick piece of top round as "London broil"? Or, worse yet, as "chateaubriand"? If you saw it, would you know the difference? ________________

They aren't my names, DS, they are the names used throughout the meat industry. I had nothing to do with selecting them.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Yeah, he is a DS, but sometimes he's right. Once in awhile, I've seen local butchers, (or maybe not yet butchers) attach some name to a cut of meat in order to make it more attractive. And, in the past when I was traveling more, I've also seen various names pop up depending on what province or state they were located in.
The only real way you can protect the value of your dollar is to generally educate yourself on the product you're buying (in this case meat). It doesn't have to be an extended education, just 30 minutes or so with a chart detailing the particular types of meat that you want to buy.
"dadiOH" wrote in message

I have zero problem with that; however, "choice" implies that someone has weighed the merits of two or more things and has based their decision on those merits as they apply to their need. That's what most people do NOT do. ======================================================================Congratulations, you have solved everyone's problem. Since "most people" can't make up their own minds, all we have to do is elect you king. That way, you can make all decisions for them. That would ensure that they never make a bad choice. You would then be able to dictate to them what is important and what is not. "Most people" should be overjoyed that they no longer have to make up their own minds as, "most people" know that thinking and decision making should only be done by those that know how.
CW wrote:

Works for me. You realize, of course, that there will be taxes.
--

dadiOH
On 4/28/2013 6:26 PM, Nick wrote:

From my aspect, try selling your work on a continuous basis using hand tools. Hand tools are fine if only building for the satisfaction of building but you will never be competitive with machine built products.

On the other hand remember whenTom Plamann tried to use CNC instead of carving his ornamental stairs. I actually agree with you though, it's hard for people now to appreciate quality. For me wood working has always been a hobby as I could always make more money with my master electricians license. Or this morning, I'm on disability, I gave my girl friend a bad about making almost $2500 hauling the garbage for 3 houses out to the county road with the backhoe yesterday. Of course since it was investment income it may be gone today. None the less we all have to do what we think is best and very few people could find a niche to do hand tool work. Roy get's by with a TV show not selling to customers.
Mike M