OVAL PICTURE FRAME

Fri, Mar 3, 2006, 10:18am snipped-for-privacy@here.com (Guess=A0who) doth wonder: No problem at all, but with all that time on your hands, why not look for something actually useful? I mean that in a good way. It *could* be a useful resource if you put your mind to it, and you'd be providing a service instead of an off-tilt humour. At least the present postings take away bandwidth from the multiple nuts who post totally OT. They're getting to be downright scary. I'm thinking the institutions have been given a grant to supply the inmates with computers. Sort of LNAB as technology advances.

LMAO. I do look for something actually useful. For me. I keep telling you guys, what I post is side-effects, from searches for info for myself. Besides, considering that we've got people here with skills ranging from whittling with a dull knife, to real woodworking artists, it's all useful to someone. I pass stuff along because I believe in sharing info someone might be able to use - different background, different generation, from a lot. And, if it wasn't fun, wouldn't do it.

As is, it would seem that life may finally be allowing me to proceed on a personal project, or three, that's been on the back burner for some time. So, for an unknown period, my time should be pretty much absorbed by that, so my searching probably won't turn up much wood stuff. Whcih means you guys are gonna have to stumple along on your own. LOL

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Fri, Mar 3, 2006, 7:38am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Jay=A0Pique) doth sayeth: Strange how he'd give someone actually LOOKING for something a hard time, and then feel good about cluttering up the group with crap like this.

Not quite. If they just want something, I'm not about to do their homework. If they say they've googled, or whartever, is a lot different from not looking and wanting someone to provide for them.

Anyway, see my previous response.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Fri, Mar 3, 2006, 7:45am (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Jay=A0Pique) just as you give people heat when they post stuff that_you_don't find interesting or new - like the fluting jig guy.

The fluting guy never indicated he'd done any searching at all. He even wanted to know if anyone knew of a MotherEarch type of woodworking site. If he was such an expert searcher, he'd already have found that. Not a prob anyway, moot now.

JOAT You'll never get anywhere if you believe what you "hear". What do you "know"?.

- Granny Weatherwax

Reply to
J T

Fri, Mar 3, 2006, 7:54am (EST-3) From: snipped-for-privacy@worldemail.com (RicodJour) doth proclameth: You missed my point. I don't care if it's woodworking, flames, jokes or whatever - all I'd request is some quality. If the post was done as a public service, it was public, but not a service because the quality of that link was so low. If that link to the oval frame in question you posted indicates your sense of humor...well, you're easily amused.

We've got people on here with ability ranging from whittling with a dull knife, to woodworking artists. From people who've possibly never even picked up a piece of unfinished wood, to people who earn their living working with wood. And, every step in between. And, now I'm supposed to rate the "quality" of the links I post? Yeah, sure, right. I've posted really off-the wall links, and had people (sincerely) thank me, because it was something they needed. I've posted really simple links, and had people thank me, because it was something their kid(s) could do, and loved. I've posted stuff like the infamous Pinecone Turkey, which wan not posted to be serious. I've posted some links to some really first class plans, that anyone would be proud to make. And, I've posted a lot of plans somewhere in the middle. And, I make it a point to put the plans post subjects in caps, so people can avoid them, if they choose.

My background has been to share information. I'd rather hear the same thing a dozen times, than to hear, "I thought you know.". I'm sharing. You can "rate" any plans you want to post. I won't. Moot point anyway - see my previous post - my future searches aren't apt to turn up much wood-related info, for awhile,