Outside corner molding -- walnut?

I've been searching but no luck -- does anyone know where I can get some outside corner, (you know, the 90 degree right angle stuff) in walnut?

3/4" x 3/4"

Thanks very much.

I've googled -- tried rockler and woodcraft but nothing.

Reply to
mkr5000

I think I would make it before considering buying it.

Reply to
Leon

May have to but would rather not if the price is right.

and I can get it.

Reply to
mkr5000

If he were in the Houston area I'd tell him Clarks, Mason's Mill & Lumber, or Hardwood Lumber (on 34th near 290).

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave In Texas

Advantage Lumber & Trim in Buffalo, NY has the ability to mill molfings to many profiles in whatever species they stock. If necessary they will have custom milled knives made to your spec's if necessary. I would think they would already have the knives for the most common types which should include outside corner.

They web site is supposed to show examples of the profiles available but their link appears not to be working properly. For more info on Advantage see:

Nova

Not too much effort in the googling it would seem...

Third entry on "hardwood moulding" in sponsored links...

In reality, assuming you're in or near a place of decent size, I'd suggest look at local mill shops first if need enough linear feet that it isn't practical to simply run it oneself.

--

Reply to
dpb

If he were here in Houston I would tell him "ME" ;~)

Reply to
Leon

...these guys have walnut mouldings on the floor

if they ship, but they're top notch...

cg

Reply to
Charlie Groh

I would have thought one of the online woodworking shops would have it

-- plenty of oak corner, even at Lowes.

That link for hartland mill? what good does that do me smartmouth?

I'm not looking to buy a truck load -- just a few pieces.

I'll make it myself.

Seems strange no one has it -- off the shelf -- though.

Reply to
mkr5000

Their site says they ship and it was simply an example search. For all there was to know, the mill might have been right down the road, anyway.

Good plan...

Why so? Price alone would be one reason and it surely isn't that common compared to everything else....

--

Reply to
dpb

Alternatively you could buy common stock molding and stain it.

Reply to
Leon

On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 10:35:26 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

Bite your tongue, heathen!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ah... Oh My...

Reply to
Leon

On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 21:15:28 -0600, the infamous "Leon" scrawled the following:

Just watch it, or next you'll be espousing polyurinestain, too. It's a nasty and slippery slope, dude.

Reply to
Larry Jaques