Outdoor Lumber Storage

Like many, I'm trying to make more room in the shop. The only thing left that can possibly go is the lumber storage. I have a great spot for it outside, but short of building an entire shed for it, I don't know how to protect if from the sun and rain (I'm in Arizona so it's more of a sun problem than rain). Of course, out here, scorpions and spiders are also an issue, as they love to build homes in places like that.
I have a 6 foot block wall that I'd like to attach the rack to and hang the material (including sheet goods). Any ideas on how to protect it properly from the elements?
TIA
-Mike
Mike wrote: Like many, I'm trying to make more room in the shop. The only thing left that can possibly go is the lumber storage. I have a great spot for it
outside, but short of building an entire shed for it, I don't know how to protect if from the sun and rain (I'm in Arizona so it's more of a sun problem than rain). Of course, out here, scorpions and spiders are also an issue, as they love to build homes in places like that. I have a 6 foot block wall that I'd like to attach the rack to and hang the material (including sheet goods). Any ideas on how to protect it properly from the elements?
Costco's got a nice size (10x20) portable carport for less than $200. The manufacturer says to take it down in severe weather, so I've also tarped the stock I've stored in mine. Here comes the monsoon... Tom in Tucson

We have the HF carport on our patio, and if I had room somewhere, I'd get something like this http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumberB211 and build a double sided storage rack to fit inside it...
As for the little nasty things, I fog my shop once a month... seems like you could do the same to a portable garage.. YMMV (I'd rather chance insecticide in my projects than black widow bites) Mac 03 Tahoe Widelite 26GT Travel Trailer replaced 1958 Hilite tent trailer 99 Dodge Ram QQ 2wd - 5.9L, auto, 3:55 gears