Outdoor furniture wood choices

Got the world from La SWMBO to built 4 adirondack chairs.There are two choices of wood available to me cypress and eastern red cedar.The cypress is not the sinkers kind but from a little search is just as good as cedar for outdoors properties.Im kinda leaning to go cypress since it is a hardwood and the cedar is not.
--
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listen.....
Jimi Hendrix

I'd go with cypress. You can see a couple of things I've made with it on my web page.
Ed http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Ed,
The two garden benches you made look fantastic! Nicely done!
John Marietta, GA

Thanks, John.

Roble seems to be becoming an increasingly popular choice for commercially made outdoor furniture here (Ontario Canada), although I have yet to find a local source for the wood itself.
I like what I read about it and the look of it, but wondered if anyone in the group has any experience working with it?
I made several folding Adirondack chairs from Cypress, including 2 for a hospital charity auctionthat brought $950. They looked great, but I found I had to be really careful not to split it. Predrill all holes and finish driving the screws by hand (not by drill driver). It may not be considered a softwood, but I found it very light weight. Finishes beautifully with an oil finish.
Good luck, Art
martin wrote:

Cypress is a softwood, e.g. the tree is a conifer.
--

FF

Last time I was at Costco's, they had a nice Adirondack chair with an ottoman made from a nice looking "teakish" wood with brass looking hardware for something like $130. While I think I could buy enough PT wood to build the set for that much, I couldn't buy enough decent wood or anything like the "teakish" wood for that price. And for those who feel that building the chair is the important part, it comes flat-packed and you do have to put it together :-)
Dave Hall