Outdoor clear sealer that lasts?

Is there any outdoor clear sealer to put on decking that actually will last several years?

Reply to
trs80

No.

But if you happen to find one, I'll take 100 gallons of it! :)

Woody

Reply to
Tha Anonymous

Not if your deck is exposed to sun and rain. Pigment is probably the best (and certainly the cheapest) way to keep the sun out. There are different options for keeping water out that depend on the kind of use your deck gets.

Ken Muldrew

Laquer.

SH - The "trolling" woodworker

Reply to
Slowhand

What kind of decking? Penofin oil is supposed to be good for 3 or 4 years. I'm starting year 3 on some outdoor furniture with very good results.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

ok...thanks. I didnt think there was anything. Ill got ahead and use Behr

10yr solid stain. I pressure washed the deck and it looked so nice I thought it would be a shame to paint it. BUt im not willing to redue it every 2-3 years.
Reply to
trs80

Go ahead, but don't think it will last you 10 years on the deck.

Note the word "vertical in their application guide

WHERE TO USE Smooth or rough sawn Exterior vertical wood surfaces such as: Plywood, Fences, Patio Covers, Shingles, Shakes, Siding, Laminates, and Masonry and Stucco Surfaces.

They do have a Deck Plus stain, but makes no mention about 10 years. that is because it won't last 10 years. I think they are optimistic about 5 years

LIMITED WARRANTY Behr Process Corporation warrants customer satisfaction with this product for 15 years on vertical surfaces and for 5 years on horizontal surfaces from date of purchase, when applied to a properly prepared surface in accordance with the label directions.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

good point. I missed that.

Their best is then the Deck Plus solid stain Im already using which stated

5yrs on deck and 15 on verticals.

So I guess thats the best ill do.

thanks again

Reply to