Out of touch for a bit...

I'm getting way behind trying to keep up with what's going on with the Wreck, so I'm going to ignore it for awhile.

I've got a lot going on right now, mostly falling into two categories. Spring yard work, and Rosegarden (MIDI/audio sequencer for Linux). It's ironic that I was out in my shop freezing my butt off in January when I should have been inside programming, but my good computer was dead in January. I've got a lot of catching up to do, and my 2 GHz box leaves me no excuses.

Plus I keep spending my lumber budget on other things. I *still* haven't bought any wood yet. There's really nothing to do in the shop until I make the trip to the lumber dealer, and there's too much going on right now, money-wise. Plants to buy, edging, mower tune-ups, etc. I keep running out of money before I run out of week, and I haven't made it to the wood store yet. Buying the $400 computer didn't help either, I'll grant you.

So anyway, don't cry for me. I'll be back to entertain and/or irritate you soon enough. First those poster frames, and then I have a chess box to build, and a chess set to turn. It should be a good year.

Reply to
Silvan

... snip

Enjoy what you're doing, your posts will be missed.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Fri, Apr 9, 2004, 12:08am snipped-for-privacy@users.sourceforge.net (Silvan) speaks thus: I keep spending my lumber budget

Pallets.

JOAT Don't e-mail me while I'm breathing.

Reply to
J T

Enjoy the spring/summer. Looking forward to your return.

Rob

Reply to
Rob Stokes

I have lots of other stuff to do too, clean the house exterior, plant the veggie garden, fertilize/weed/mow lawns, etc. I managed to make a nice bench for the woodland path, but I still need to finish and protect it. I too, have been learning Linux since last January--finally got it up and running as a proxy server and firewall to serve two Windows machines. Sometimes I just don't have the time to read all the Wreck posts, plus I'm unemployed looking for work that has a paycheck attached to it! Look forward to your return.

Reply to
Phisherman