Our First Lowes - What A Difference Over Home Depot!!!

Page 4 of 4
On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 22:40:17 -0500, Silvan

Don't the Lowes tend to have wider aisles and better lighting ? The local HD I go to is "remodeling" now to achieve the same effect before Lowes moves in (western ny).
There are two basic influences on service. One is the company, the other is the attitude of the customer. While the former is the more signficant one, don't underestimate the influence of the latter.

Is there another entrance?
Unisaw A100 wrote:

We have several here in the city, all of them except one the tool department is on the right. I stopped in the mirrored Lowes one day and walked to the back and pushed the door to the womens restroom open and the women employee said "this Lowes is opposite from the rest" so she seemed used to other people doing the same thing. The Lowes around here have terrible lumber, takes me forever to dig through the pile for a straight piece. All of them are like that too so when I sent a note to them on their web site they had the manager of the closest store to me call and apologize, which it wasn't his fault if they are all like that.
Unisaw A100 wrote:

Our Lowe's 's will open February 8th. Can you offer any more insight? I'm thinking I should camp at the doorway until it opens.
For the longest time the sign on the building read "owe's". I wonder if it was an omen.

Yup. means that the place had *NOT* "gone to L" yet. <groan>

If you have no life, no hobbies, it will do. Greg
Funny thing this wreck of ours. I'm reading a post, as I read most of the regulars, then it occurs to me that I spend time on the wreck as I want to learn, and not waste my time on mindless soapies following the lives of virtual existences.
Then I recall the great house/shop fire, major tool purchases, on-line flame fests, the death of valued regulars, shop dogs, births and marriages and wonder "what *is* the difference"?
I suppose the fact that these 'virtual existences' are woven with our specific interests yet combined with knowledge, amusement, sometimes drama, and a modicum of interaction are the keys. But it is a powerful mix to keep people coming back year after year. Some of the grumpy old men have been trapped here for more than a decade.
So, what say you, what is the attraction for yourself?
Groggy
As the anniversary of the passing of Paully Radovanic is approaching I'd like to say he's still missed, and I hope his family are well. For the newbies, may I suggest you read some of Paul's posts in Google on finishing.
Groggy asks:

Well, my chin whiskers are caught in my keyboard, for a start. Part of the reason I'm grumpy. The rest of the reason is I'm old.
Charlie Self "They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." George W. Bush, St. Charles, Missouri, November 2, 2000
Groggy wrote:

On that note, anyone have a link to the Paully Rad masterpiece Bonefish?
UA100
On Saturday 29 Jan 2005 4:07 am, Unisaw A100 scribbled:

You mean this one?
http://www.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm4E4BC5B.DF0F4482%40concentric.net
Google is your friend. Gotta add that one to the hoomer page.
--
Luigi
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email
Luigi Zanasi wrote:

Thanks Weeg.
UA100

Cis Trans Boom
Cis Boom Trans
Cis Boom Ba
watson - who has been wondering about which store Uncle Jessy would shop at.
Tom Watson wrote:

Sandlewood.
UA100

Ya know, 'hunnert - yer 'bout ta onliest one dat stays in touch wit' Uncle Jessy.
I was tinkin' mebbe ya could contact da misserable ole bastige an get some advise out to da newerest piglets at da wreck trough.
Uncle Jessy never had a good 'ting ta say 'bout nobody, which I always found refreshing.
watson - uncle jessy fan.
ROFLMAO! Oh man Keith, that's a good un.
--
Jeff P.

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog