Our Christmas present

Page 3 of 3
On 12/20/2010 10:45 AM, Rich wrote:

The piers are approximately 22' deep, with 36" bell bottoms, and it was basically the same clay to that depth, and no telling how much further to bedrock.
This was about 25 miles East of Austin. .5 miles to the West of Austin you would hit rock by scuffling your boot real hard ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Wouldn't you still get expansive soils at that depth?
Luigi
On 12/20/2010 4:50 PM, Luigi Zanasi wrote:

Basically soil at depth is not necessarily subject to the same effects of changes due to dry/wet years as at the surface, and/or even transmitted to the surface to the same extent.
IOW, unless you're drilling for oil, you gotta stop somewhere. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

On some things, you stop drilling at 6 or 8". (Oops, OT.)
-- If the only prayer you ever say in your whole life is "thank you," that would suffice. -- Meister Eckhart
My house in Northern California was like that - 8' deep because we were on a slope (near 45 degree). Code was 48".
My curtain walls were not strong foundation like those! Those look great. I had 18 each 8' dug deep holes.
Good job there.
Martin
On 12/20/2010 10:45 AM, Rich wrote:

http://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/SBFoundation?authkey=Gv1sRgCIj3svr7nb34fg #

Interesting Swing. And I thought we had problems with permafrost.
Luigi
Nice good luck on the move. I hope you can enjoy Christmas with family.
On 12/19/2010 11:19 AM, Leon wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/#/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/lightbox /
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/5274417138/in/set-72157625037420134/#/photos/lcb11211/5273812267/in/set-72157625037420134/lightbox /
"tiredofspam" <nospam.nospam.com> wrote in message

Been reeeeeeeel busy, sorry for the late Thank you!