OTish: Just wrote a Google Groups Killfile Script

For anyone that uses Google Groups to access rec.woodworking and would like the ability to filter out specific users I've hacked together a quick Greasemonkey script that allows you to block specific users' posts. You'll need to be running Firefox, and have the Greasemonkey extension installed. Here is the link

's real basic right now and if I have time I'll make it a little nicer (like adding wild card searches and being able to remove people from the list) but it seems to do the trick.

Reply to
damian penney

Ooops, noticed it erased the thread when you clicked through to it, all fixed.

Reply to
Laurel Penney

was just about to stop reading for good when i saw this. now this is a woodworking forum once again. thank you!

jerry

ps. funny thing is I hate the war, never was for it in the first place, but I can't just imagine this behavior. there's a time and a place, and this isn't it.

Reply to
franklin.jerry

Glad you like it, I have a tweaked version in development that lets you see/delete who is on the kill list and I'll add regexp blocks to it soon too.

damian

Reply to
damian penney

Thanks, but it seems like it's a bit "lean" at present. Clicking on a thread still shows messages from the kill-filed individuals.

Seems like a good start though.

Reply to
Chris Dubea

Yes, browsing the thread still shows messages from the folks on the killfile, that is the next piece and will be working in the next few days.

Reply to
damian penney

Reply to
Chris Dubea