OT: "Zope" asking for name and pw. Is this a virus?

I'm not sure I understand the question, but if you mean "can you enable root via NIM on OSX after 10.2, the answer is yes. I'm running 10.4.3, and did the experiment in order to reply to George (I ran his code with root enabled and disabled).

Presumably. But I've seen people in the comp.sys.mac.* groups insist they need root while demonstrating their cluelessness in other ways. I have a good understanding of basic *nix security and have absolutely no need to have root enabled on my Mac.

Maybe... Your first name rings a bell.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

"I hope the OP figures out his problem."

Flushed the cache and haven't seen the dialogue box since. Feels good to have that fixed. Big thanks to everyone!

Regards, H

Reply to
hylourgos