OT--You Know You Don't Live In California When...

Page 1 of 5
Heya all, You know you *don't* live in California when...
1. You believe every stereotype you've ever heard about California.
2. You're so geographically ignorant that you think that the entire state is made up of the Los Angeles area and the San Francisco area.
3. You don't realize that California has the most geographical variety of any state in the Union. It has the highest point in the continental U.S., (Mt. Whitney) as well as the lowest, (Death Valley). It has the largest trees. And on a more subjective note, the most beautiful National parks that include Yosemite. A huge number of lakes, rivers and streams as well as on of the most beautiful coastlines in the world. It also shares with Nv. one of the most beautiful natural lakes in the world, Lake Tahoe.
4. You're too ignorant to understand that the majority of the people who "normal" people would call freaks came from other states. Still, the majority of the people in California are decent, hard working people who aren't like the people that the shut-ins, (like Bob Schmall) have seen on T.V. or in movies.
5. You don't realize that California produces more food than anywhere else in the U.S. The millions of acres of farmland are just part of what makes California easily the most beautiful state in the Union.
6. You're ignorant of the fact that our governor can easily kick the ass of any other governor in the Union or, for that matter, any other world leader. (Jesse Ventura is no longer the governor of Minnesota)
7. You don't realize that some of us Native Californians get rather sensitive when our state is unjustly bad-mouthed...Sniff, Sob!
Yeah, I know, it was just a joke and lighten up, right? Well, I've spent way too much time in New York and Texas visiting in-laws who think just like your retarded California-bashing list. As is evidenced by the few responses that have shown up so far, it's apparent that many of you non-Californians are under the same misconceptions. All of you who really believe the list are quite welcome to stay out of California and make sure you avoid all of the products produced here. Better rent a big dumpster because it's going to be *full*. Deposit your computer and it's software in there too. Better get that garden growing while you're at it.
Bruce, A proud native Californian who's lived in many different states and visited many more. I'll stay where I am thank you.
Bruce responds:

You know you're from CA when you think that's important.
Charlie Self "It is not strange... to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore
Charlie, You obviously have no sense of humor at all. What an idiot!
Bruce Redding, Ca.

matter,
Fillmore
Bruce wrote:

This says so much more about you than Charlie.
Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to-is-disabled-due-to-spam
use:

Bruce wrote:

It wasn't meant as a zinger, just an observation. You're being a bit defensive about the whole thing and attacking Charlie seemed over the top. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to-is-disabled-due-to-spam
use:
daveldr at att dot net
Give it man, you ain't gonna win no matter how hard you try.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.
"Dave in Fairfax" wrote in message

Bingo! ... Charlie's humor is dryer than California whine.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/02/04

Seems to me I'm not the one suffering from an impairment of the humorous.
Charlie Self "It is not strange... to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore
Charlie Self wrote:

I would agree. One of the axioms of my business is that the more defensive somebody acts, the guiltier they feel.
--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

snipped-for-privacy@XXXXcarolina.rr.com
I enjoyed my visit to San Diego last August. I was glad to get back home to Texas. :-) I also enjoyed my swing through the New England and Eastern Seaboard in the Fall.
Between the two trips I saw furniture made by Stickley, Maloof, Nakashima, Townsend-Goddard and the craftsmen at Williamsburg. What inspiration!

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 09:42:17 -0700, "Bruce"

You assume people have a sense of humor.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
I do have a sense of humor, as can be seen by some of my reply. However, how would you feel if we start with some black jokes or some Jew jokes? Maybe we can make fun of the stupid crazy folks from Mexico! Yeah, sure is funny stuff! I'll bet you can't see any comparison here. "Hey, I'm just kidding!" The responses to the attempt at humor were evidence that many people take the OP joke seriously. Just out of curiosity, how would any of you folks from Canada take it if we made a long list of derogatory and nasty stereotypes about Canada. Don't worry, we'll make some up. That's what was done with Ca.
Bruce Redding, Ca.

Bruce writes:

WTF do black or Jew jokes have to do with California jokes? California isn't a race or a culture (medium, maybe) or anything like that.

No, I can't.

Canuckistan? Eh?
I really wonder how much attention you pay to anything that doesn't fall within the purview of your pet whine.
Charlie Self "It is not strange... to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore

Spaking for all Canadians, our response in such a situation would be to apologize insincerely and get on with our lives.
;-)
--
Okay, so this is my new sig line, eh?

Sorry for the typo. That should have been either "Speaking for all Canadians" or "Spanking for all Canadians"
You choose.
;-)
--
Okay, so this is my new sig line, eh?

Dave Balderstone writes:

If I'm on the receiving end, I'll go for "speaking".
Charlie Self "It is not strange... to mistake change for progress." Millard Fillmore

California -- at least the jokes, anyway -- is *definitely* a medium.
Proof: not rare. not well-done.
Q.E.D.
*snicker*

OOOOH!
Hey everyone... Californians are *race* now!
That means we can't tell joke like this any more...
How many Californians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
Just two, but it has to be a *big* light bulb!
LOL! That one always cracks me up!
What's brown, sticky and Californian?
A Californian's stick!
Hee hee hee. My pet rabbit loves that one.
Thanks, you've been great. I'm here all week.
djb
--
Okay, so this is my new sig line, eh?

Man, you need to chill and be thankful you don't come from a state that folks actually make fun of like West Virginia (my beloved home state) or Arkansas, etc. (it'a all "relative" ya know - that's a joke, son).
Dave Hall