OT: You guys make it hard to follow this group

Please can I hold it as well

Reply to
Stuart

HeyBub

Bullshit ... odds are you could NOT resist a peek, given the chance, than the statue of liberty pissing in the Pacific. ;)

Besides, depends ... superstructure in pleasing proportion to the size of foundation.

Reply to
Swingman

Why? Didn't Obamacare cure that, too?

Reply to
krw

Who nailed your foot to the floor?

Reply to
krw

No nail......just an ever increasing number of people like you.

Reply to
tom

Someone must be forcing you to stay where you obviously don't want to be.

Reply to
krw

Right. Petite women (my favorite) can be pretty stacked at 34B. Besides, Confucius say "More than mouthful wasted." I can't stand 46PP breasts, myself.

-- "Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

Reply to
Larry Jaques

it amazes me at the inability of people to just mark read what they don't want to read or KF people they don't want to hear. F**kin nuts

Reply to
ChairMan

OK, YOU try being gone from the group for three weeks or so (not by choice) and coming back to over 2700 unread posts, then try to find the ones that are woodworking related without missing any. I recently did that and I spent several hours trawling through threads, trying to ignore the ones that were noise while not missing any that were on topic. I didn't even get down to 2000 unread posts before I gave up and marked the whole newsgroup as "read". Who knows how many good on-topic discussions I missed because I couldn't FIND them amongst all the noise.

Reply to
Steve Turner

Steve Turner wrote in news:k1bu8q$ju5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

I know... It was about 2 good ones, 5 related to woodworking, and 1 that apologized for being ON-TOPIC. It's a shame we're not busy with woodworking projects.

I've been wondering about something... but I'll post a new thread to ask the question.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Right. Petite women (my favorite) ============================================================================== Same here. I went to high school in Japan. Talk about a kid in a candy store.

Reply to
CW

On 26 Aug 2012 02:11:48 GMT, Puckdropper

Suggest a new category then. OT is for off topic. How about ONT => ON TOPIC.

Inject an ONT into the middle of some thread and everybody will know right away it's a woodworking question.

As soon as the new ONT thread disintegrates into something else, change the thread to an OT one.

Reply to
Dave

The other alternative is to post articles that interest you. Perhaps others will follow. There are two knobs to the S/N ratio. Whining isn't going to solve anything.

Reply to
krw

I saw a gal at Walmart. She must have been all of 4'10".

She was wearing a T-shirt with the legend "I'm not short, I'm 'fun' sized."

Reply to
HeyBub

I keep 3 weeks worth, back to 8/11 and I show 1497 messages.

I recently did

Out of 1500 messages, there are only a few threads, maybe 50 or so. Out of those subjects, I would be hard pressed NOT to know which ones are not wood related in just from the subject line. For example, what part of "you guys make it hard to follow this group" tricks you into thinking it is "on topic"?

Even if you think "O/T BLOG POST OF THE DAY" or " A Political view with which everyone might agree" might be "on topic" 2 seconds looking at the first post and you can skip all 10000 messages in an instant if you so choose.

I think you are complaining just to hear yourself complain. More proof of that is that out of all 2000 messages, you replied 11 times, 9 to obviously off topic posts, and 2 on topic. So, you yourself (much like everyone) appear more interested in off topic than on topic stuff.

Reply to
Jack

I saw a gal at Walmart. She must have been all of 4'10".

She was wearing a T-shirt with the legend "I'm not short, I'm 'fun' sized." ===============================================================================

I showed that one to my wife. She thought that was pretty good. She is 4'

11".
Reply to
CW

Get her the shirt.

I like short girls. Makes me feel taller (and less inhibited).

While standing in line at the Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix not long ago, a VERY short TSA Agentette reached up and tapped me on the shoulder. She asked: "Excuse me sir, can I get you to do me a big favor?"

I looked down. I slowly shook my head. I said: "I'm sorry, I can't. I'm married."

(The TSA picked four of us passengers for additional RANDOM screening. They selected me, a senior white male, they also selected a senior black male, a young oriental woman, and a young Hispanic chap with a goatee.)

Reply to
HeyBub