OT: You guys make it hard to follow this group

Page 2 of 3
Steve Turner wrote:

It's because we're multi-dimensional; we can think about and do more than one thing at a time.
For instance, what do you think about while hand-sawing a plank?
Me? I think of breasts, but your dreams may vary.
On 8/24/2012 8:08 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:

That is what I do not understand about the "Breast Awareness Week" that happens in the US at least once a year. Since a man starts thinking about breast at the age of 1 week and continues until he dies, what is the purpose of it?
On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:59:39 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

But as long as they're holding it, I'll go along.
On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 12:52:38 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

I'll do everything I can to support them.

Please can I hold it as well <g>
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails
Mike Marlow wrote:

Bumper sticker:
When you've seen a breast You want to see the rest
And if you reach out and show a pretty lady you are aware of her breasts, you can get in to lots of trouble! 8>)
<snip>

Kenefick wrote:

Saw a Japanese public service announcement featuring several instances of men not-so-covertly ogling women's breasts - on the subway, in an elevator, passing on the street, etc.
Then came the message: "If women paid as much attention to their breasts as do men, we could defeat breast cancer!"
On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 10:16:28 -0400, Keith Nuttle

That's the week you're made to think about them a little differently than normal and possibly come up with a little cash to donate.

Why? Didn't Obamacare cure that, too?
On 8/24/2012 6:05 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Just Wondering wrote:

I'm with you. I think there is plenty to think about in sawing a plank, and to suggest otherwise is a detriment to the craft. I admit I may belong to the group of those who are occasionally humor-impaired.

It's the same with most of Usenet these days. After following it for 15 years I doubt I'll be looking at it at all in a year.

Who nailed your foot to the floor?

No nail......just an ever increasing number of people like you.

Someone must be forcing you to stay where you obviously don't want to be.
Mike Marlow wrote:

it amazes me at the inability of people to just mark read what they don't want to read or KF people they don't want to hear. F**kin nuts
On 8/25/2012 8:07 PM, ChairMan wrote:

OK, YOU try being gone from the group for three weeks or so (not by choice) and coming back to over 2700 unread posts, then try to find the ones that are woodworking related without missing any. I recently did that and I spent several hours trawling through threads, trying to ignore the ones that were noise while not missing any that were on topic. I didn't even get down to 2000 unread posts before I gave up and marked the whole newsgroup as "read". Who knows how many good on-topic discussions I missed because I couldn't FIND them amongst all the noise.

I know... It was about 2 good ones, 5 related to woodworking, and 1 that apologized for being ON-TOPIC. It's a shame we're not busy with woodworking projects.
I've been wondering about something... but I'll post a new thread to ask the question.
Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.

On 26 Aug 2012 02:11:48 GMT, Puckdropper

Suggest a new category then. OT is for off topic. How about ONT => ON TOPIC.
Inject an ONT into the middle of some thread and everybody will know right away it's a woodworking question.
As soon as the new ONT thread disintegrates into something else, change the thread to an OT one.