OT you can't make this up

My wife just told me about a sensor in one of the buildings in her school going off. so the fire alarm rings in all the buildings. Even those on other campuses.. about 2 football fields away. They couldn't shut the alarms so everyone was sent home.
WHY ON EARTH would fire alarms be connected to buildings that far away. A fire is a building thing, not an entire 2 campus event. So thousands were released unnecessarily. Interesting how local and state guberments can F up every simple thing.
--
Jeff

Interesting how local and state guberments

Sounds like a well thought out "Zero Tolerance Policy" for fires on campus. Of course if a child uses the word fire or draws any pictures of flames they would also be expelled.
On 5/23/2013 4:17 PM, woodchucker wrote:

alarm. In case of a real fire I would want the staff at the other building to know about it. They might need to help shepherd the kids out of the affected building and prepare to shelter them in the building that is intact.
Greg Guarino wrote:

I worked in a hospital where the fire alarm would occasionally go off on it's on. Only the fire department could turn it off, also. Of course they would isolate which sensor or pull alarm set it off and check out that area before calling it a false alarm.
--
 GW Ross

 If words could speak, I wonder what
On 5/23/2013 4:47 PM, Greg Guarino wrote:

keeping the kids together. So you would not be helping at the other building.
Think about it, the campus is 2 football fields away and has houses and buildings in the way.. would you want to march your kids over their to help evacuate the other kids... not happening.. I could understand an air raid connection, a lock down, but not a fire alarm, just plain stupid.. like the zero tolerance policies.
--
Jeff

It is set up so that it cannot be shut off. The fire department does that when they show up. They get pissed off if you silence the alarm and also if people do not evacuate even if it is a false alarm.