OT/ Yearly physical.

I had my annual full medical this morning.

I'm male, over 55. That's 2 out of 3 (or more) risk factors for heart disease.

I'm always a bit concerned about what he'll find this time around. But the prostrate checked out okay... That's always a good time...NOT!.

And every year I ask myself WHY did I pick a family doctor who toured with the Barbarian Rugby team. He has hands that were designed to continue his family's business, digging the peat-bog in Ireland. I also didn't know my prostrate was in my chest somewhere. I now know why his examination table has a headboard so he won't throw me off onto the floor. I now know why the double doors and extra soundproofing. If he ever decided to become a potter, he would be able to throw an out-door fountain with those hands. Thorough he is, gentle he's not.

Till next year, you bastard. . . . .

Get it done, guys. Your life depends on it.

Reply to
Robatoy

:)

Hint: Female Doctor = Small Hands

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

I had that joyous experience (prostrate exam) about 6 months ago. My doctor has fingers the size of cucumbers. As he was trying to insert one of them to check me out, he said "You really need to relax!" I replied "Lets see you relax when you have a man's finger up your a##!" He wasn't amused. Go figure.

Reply to
shooter

Reminds me of a dentist I went to many years ago for an emergency. He was making a joke and held his hand in front of my face and made a fist. That is when I realized that his fist was almost as big as my head! No wonder my mouth hurt.

I alway made sure after that any dentist who worked on me had small hands.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

[snip]

Had a doctor some years ago that seemed to enjoy that finger banging too much. The current doc is better (Asian man = small hands too, Tim). Anyway he was the one that discovered a problem which turned out to be cancer. Had it removed. I won't be making any more babies but I am alive.

I had always planned on making my way out of this mortal coil by being shot by a jealous husband at the age of 119, but that ain't gonna happen either. elderly gentleman, jo4hn

Reply to
jo4hn

The fact they caught it was something to be happy about, eh? My neighbour wasn't so lucky. By the time they discovered it, it was too late, He was gone 4 months later. He was 60. And that's too young to die.

Glad to still have you around though. *S*

Reply to
Robatoy

Don't forget the hose up the butt. I waited until I was 59 and had several polyps removed including a nice big cancerous one. Rather than take a chance that it might be going on the road, I had 12 inches of colon removed - a "resection". Doc said the operation wouldn't be a big deal - the lying bastard. No chemo required, but had annual hose jobs for three years. I'm finally on a three year schedule.

If I'd had it done when I was 55, it wouldn't have been a problem. If I'd waited another 6 months, I probably wouldn't be here.

The stupidity on my part was my pop died of colon cancer, but at 89 years of age. But I was too "busy at work" to find the time...

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Ahh yes, the old dipstick check.

Remember the old story about the guy who was told to "assume the position". then felt the doctor's left hand on one shoulder, his right hand on the other shoulder and the inspection process seemed to be underway...................

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

ROTFLMAO

Reply to
Robatoy

When I called to schedule mine, the receptionist asked if I had a preference for which doctor to see. I said, "The one with the smallest hands." She lost it so bad, I thought I was going to have to call back.

Reply to
-MIKE-

time...NOT!.

Small hands have VERY SHARP NAILS!

PDQ

Why do I get the idea you are talking about our beloved Jean Chretin? =

P D Q

Ahh yes, the old dipstick check.

Remember the old story about the guy who was told to "assume the=20 position". then felt the doctor's left hand on one shoulder, his right=20 hand on the other shoulder and the inspection process seemed to be=20 underway...................

Lew

Reply to
PDQ

Getting a digit up your poop shoot is no fun. I sincerely hope you are also having your PSA test as well. It can indicate a problem while the Big C is still an infant.

I've been there and done that and have the scars to prove it.

P D Q

I'm male, over 55. That's 2 out of 3 (or more) risk factors for heart=20 disease.

I'm always a bit concerned about what he'll find this time around. But the prostrate checked out okay... That's always a good time...NOT!.

And every year I ask myself WHY did I pick a family doctor who toured=20 with the Barbarian Rugby team. He has hands that were designed to=20 continue his family's business, digging the peat-bog in Ireland. I also didn't know my prostrate was in my chest somewhere. I now know why his examination table has a headboard so he won't throw=20 me off onto the floor. I now know why the double doors and extra soundproofing. If he ever decided to become a potter, he would be able to throw an=20 out-door fountain with those hands. Thorough he is, gentle he's not.

Till next year, you bastard. . . . .

Get it done, guys. Your life depends on it.

Reply to
PDQ

For sure. I'm getting the whole meal deal. I just did my corporate taxes, so the feeling of blood being sucked out of me is still fresh on my mind. But we need to keep the kitty flush, so we can offer medical help to Tim, should he ever need it.

Reply to
Robatoy

I *do* plan to die at the age of 125 at the hands of a jealous husband of a supermodel...

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

And a bit easier than having the Channel 2 News Crew up there. The film crew always want to know if you want to look, which was worse when they didn't have the tv camera. Then they'd shove the blunt end of the hose at your eyeball. Now they can just point at the tv screen and make stupid jokes. "You know what they say about proctologists ... yuk, yuk?. No, and I don't care to find out. It's worse than a waiter asking how the food is just you've stuffed a forkful in your mouth.

BTW, stay away from the guys who make gear changing noises as they round the bend!

Reply to
LD

Just had that done last week. Total physical and intensive blood check. Doctor called and said I am beyond any help. (because they could not any thing wrong) But Doc.. I am 81

Reply to
WW

Some like it a little "rough", but would never admit it. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

: Some like it a little "rough", but would never admit it. ;~)

Whip him. Beat him. Call him Edna. ~:o)

Dave in Houston

Reply to
NuWave Dave

Oh... 'rough'[... I thought you said 'rruff'. That kinda action puts grass stains on your knees... I'm told. . . . Besides, I wouldn't be able to stand the dog's breath.

Reply to
Robatoy