OT X-10

I regularly employ X-10 modules and sensors to control my 120VAC lamps and such. THier website is a terror for dial-up Internet users (as am I) though great for those who enjoy pics of busty girls selling electronics.
At any rate, what I am looking for is a way to switch 12VDC circuits using the existing X10 wireless motion detectors (Like te Eagle Eye MS14A.
I tried looking for an on-line interest group similar to this one for Woodworking and could not find one in which to post such a question or request for help in this effort.
So, with OT Apologies, I post this here just in case any or many of you also fiddle with X-10 stuff and can offer some direction if not part numbers.
Thanks
Go to
comp.home.automation.
The Universal I/F has output contacts for just that. I forget the model number and things are still packed away from the move, somewhat. It's cheap too.
I told X10.com I would never buy from them again after all the pop-ups years ago. Worst I have seen.
I regularly employ X-10 modules and sensors to control my 120VAC lamps and such. THier website is a terror for dial-up Internet users (as am I) though great for those who enjoy pics of busty girls selling electronics.
At any rate, what I am looking for is a way to switch 12VDC circuits using the existing X10 wireless motion detectors (Like te Eagle Eye MS14A.
I tried looking for an on-line interest group similar to this one for Woodworking and could not find one in which to post such a question or request for help in this effort.
So, with OT Apologies, I post this here just in case any or many of you also fiddle with X-10 stuff and can offer some direction if not part numbers.
Thanks
On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 21:06:08 -0700 (PDT), Hoosierpopi

The UM506 Universal Module provides a contact clocure and is rated at 30 volts.
Manual page here: ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/um506-is.pdf
John
You want an X-10 Universal Module, like this:
http://www.smarthome.com/2010/X10-Universal-Module/p.aspx
You can find it cheaper elsewhere.
-Brian

One of the modules (I think it is intended to power a camera and run a rotate motor) gives +12V power and +12V switched power. Look up XM14A for more information.
Thank you all for the feedback.
I need to find an electronics group as I have some additional questions / ideas and need help.
I posted the group to see.
Thank you all for the feedback.
I need to find an electronics group as I have some additional questions / ideas and need help.

Try alt.home.automation A bunch of X-10 heads hang out there. or used to.