OT X-10

I regularly employ X-10 modules and sensors to control my 120VAC lamps and such. THier website is a terror for dial-up Internet users (as am I) though great for those who enjoy pics of busty girls selling electronics.

At any rate, what I am looking for is a way to switch 12VDC circuits using the existing X10 wireless motion detectors (Like te Eagle Eye MS14A.

I tried looking for an on-line interest group similar to this one for Woodworking and could not find one in which to post such a question or request for help in this effort.

So, with OT Apologies, I post this here just in case any or many of you also fiddle with X-10 stuff and can offer some direction if not part numbers.

Thanks

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

Go to

comp.home.automation.

The Universal I/F has output contacts for just that. I forget the model number and things are still packed away from the move, somewhat. It's cheap too.

I told X10.com I would never buy from them again after all the pop-ups years ago. Worst I have seen.

At any rate, what I am looking for is a way to switch 12VDC circuits using the existing X10 wireless motion detectors (Like te Eagle Eye MS14A.

I tried looking for an on-line interest group similar to this one for Woodworking and could not find one in which to post such a question or request for help in this effort.

So, with OT Apologies, I post this here just in case any or many of you also fiddle with X-10 stuff and can offer some direction if not part numbers.

Thanks

Reply to
Josepi

The UM506 Universal Module provides a contact clocure and is rated at

30 volts.

Manual page here: ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/um506-is.pdf

John

Reply to
news

You want an X-10 Universal Module, like this:

can find it cheaper elsewhere.

-Brian

Reply to
rtandems

One of the modules (I think it is intended to power a camera and run a rotate motor) gives +12V power and +12V switched power. Look up XM14A for more information.

Reply to
whit3rd

Thank you all for the feedback.

I need to find an electronics group as I have some additional questions / ideas and need help.

Reply to
Hoosierpopi

I posted the group to see.

I need to find an electronics group as I have some additional questions / ideas and need help.

Reply to
Josepi

Try alt.home.automation A bunch of X-10 heads hang out there. or used to.

Reply to
Robert Bonomi