OT: WRX STi

Page 2 of 2
On Sun, 2 May 2010 07:46:31 -0400, the infamous "Ed Pawlowski"

And a 125 max? Woiks for me. ;)

Many are double-baggers. You put a bag on each of your heads in case one falls off.
-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

*wiping monitor*
wrote ...

*wiping monitor* ======== There was that comedian with the late night show. the name slips my mind at the moment, who has that classic grey hair joke.
He said, "I found a grey pubic hair today. It wasn't mine."
"Robatoy" wrote:

You tell me.
BTW, pardon my stupidity, but what is it?
Lew

A little Subaru sedan with a few suspension treats and 265 HP to all fours. A blast to drive.

Well, for a less money and a little less HP there's the non-STi. Wagon. With lots of space for hauling bicycles or 10' pieces of PVC. And no boy-racer wing. Kerry

I know what you mean about that stupid wing, although I don't even see it when I drive one. Cop magnet maybe. That wing is on the non-STi version too, and I'll take 305 HP over 265 HP a notable difference. I like it more than the S4 Audi for considerably less money and a much better dealership for Subaru in this city. The Audi guys have lost their prized mechanic and are out of the city. Closest one is 100 KM.
I'm having a mid-life crisis. No motorcycle either. BTDT. I left my knees and shoulder at the Husqvarna altar of dirt bikes many years ago.
Robatoy wrote:

Robatoy, Yes, more HP is better. Watched some of the newsgroups about the S4 before buying the WRX - quite a few reliability problems, and it sounds like the engine bay is very tightly packed, so any repair is likely to be time (and money) consuming. Briefly considered an R4, but it sounded like even more of a maintenance nightmare. The Subaru has been almost perfectly reliable. Kerry