OT: WRX STi

Page 1 of 2
What else is there for the money?
On 4/29/2010 8:24 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Sweet machine. I want one. Oh yeah, and a Forester for the wife. :-)

Don't let her drive the STi...'cuz you'd be driving the Forester after that.
Got to say... 305 HP in that thing is just nuts...soooo nuts.

I'm the wrong person to answer your question, so I'll ask one of my own: How's your daughter?
--
Best regards
Han

Genuine concussion and a facial "blow-out" fracture. Fortunately the fracture wasn't displaced. She'll be fine. Thank you for asking.

Glad she'll be fine. "facial blow-out fracture" doesn't sound good for the patient, but I take your word for it that she needn't worry.
Hope the financial parts get sorted out soon too, and that that clerk gets what he/she deserves.
--
Best regards
Han

It's a crack below her eye-socket. And they call it a blow-out as it was caused by her marbles hitting the inside of her face. <G>

We were fully covered with a private non-Obama package. <G> and the clerk has been handled.
Down in Columbus, they only x-rayed her neck, looking for fractures, that was it. Lousy diagnostic work.... as we're finding out. Nobody will be using this case history as to how wonderful the health-care is in the USA. (Everybody keep your shirt on, we KNOW this is an isolated case and that you 'murkens do get it right sometimes.:-)
"Robatoy" wrote
It's a crack below her eye-socket. And they call it a blow-out as it was caused by her marbles hitting the inside of her face. <G>

What exactly happened to her" Was she hit, knocked down or???
I know that rugby can be a bit rough. She must be pretty rugged and athletic to participate in this sport.

I'll avoid Columbus Ohio in the future. I have some kind of healthcare plan that I only (generally) have to pay a small copayment. Kids have their own insurance and the grandkids are with them <grin>.
--
Best regards
Han

A Prius, 10 grand in your pocket, and double the gas mileage.
Or you could have male enhancement surgery, and skip the race car.

Why in the world would anyone want the environmental disaster & general piece of junk that is a Prius?
Excepting, of course, the delusional.
How's about a VW TDI? Better built, better looking, better handling & better performing than that POS Toyboata, and gets BETTER mileage, to boot.
-Kevin in Indy To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........
On 04/29/2010 08:39 PM, vonKevin wrote:

Depends how you calculate "better mileage".
If you mean miles per gallon of fuel then you may be ahead but some of it comes from the fact that diesel gives about 10% more energy by volume than gasoline.
Also, diesel will do better on long trips while the hybrids of all kinds will do better in stop-and-go traffic.
And neither technology is particularly happy at sub -45 in winter. :)
Chris
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 10:19:55 -0600, the infamous Chris Friesen

Yabbut, they're VolksWagons. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! (OK, their diesel is the one thing they've done right.)

Hey, bubba. That's a self-inflicted wound. ;)
LJ, from Sunny Oregon. <g>
-- Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.

I have always had something to scoot around in.... for fun. Prius? Do I look like Ed Begley Jr. to you?

Plus you get the excitement of wondering if it will stop or not.

...not to mention all that fine chemistry, by the pound, which we'll all have to get rid of later...what, 160 pounds per Prius x how many x over how many years? Talk about a toxic dump. And for what? A 10% savings of fuel?
Live a little:
http://rally.subaru.com/gallery/2007_maine/day2_DSC_0651.jpg
On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 16:27:33 -0700, the infamous "CW"

I'm as worried about the Toyota throttle sticking as I was while hot-rodding my Corvair around, CW.
I've already survived real chemistry sets, holding liquid mercury in my hand, REAL fireworks, shooting big bad guns, sanding and painting with lead paint, riding in cars without seatbelts, bunji bending 30' saplings below the dam, taunting bullies, 20 years of alcoholism, brake dust, exhaust fumes, smoking for 20 years, drinking while driving, doing 150mph in an automobile ('67 split window), driving from San Diego's Lindberg Field to Vista in 19 minutes (about 35 miles) in a '68 Ford wagon, a master cylinder bypass during 70mph braking before a 25mph corner in a Javelin, unprotected sex with a woman (70s & 80s), and 2 years of driving in a recalled Tundra.
What, me worry?
-- Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.

Please clarify. Was the a time period or was that their ages?
On Sat, 1 May 2010 08:00:01 -0400, the infamous "Ed Pawlowski"

OhmyBuddha! TIME PERIOD, TIME PERIOD, TIME PERIOD. I specifically did not say "in their 80s", Ed. Uh uh. No way.
I had a boss once whose fave saying was "I'd do 'er. 9 to 90, blind, crippled or drunk." I thought it was funny, but couldn't relate.
But...if I were offered a million bucks, I might muster up the, erm, length. Then I could afford a stable of Festeringtools! <gigolo grinne>
-- Courage is the power to let go of the familiar. -- Raymond Lindquist

You had me worried, but remember when you looked at a 40 year old and thought she was very old? Today that same woman could really be HOT at 40.

Sounds like a guy I used to work with. He said age did not matter, but there was a 65 pound minimum.

The old ones have the bucks. Put a bag over your head.