OT: Work pants

So I'm a big fan of Carhartt double knee work pants, but even though they are double knee, I still tend to wear through the knees long before anywhere else. I'm wondering if I could sew on a patch of something right from the get-go that would hold up better in the long run. Maybe Cordura? Can you buy this at a fabric store? In colors to match? My guess is yes...I'm off to google. JP

Reply to
JayPique

JayPique wrote the following:

Way back when, there used to be iron-on knee patches for dungarees (that's what they were called before Sassoon named them Jeans). I don't know if they still sell them, and if they do, if they have them for carhartt.

I'm not awake enough to google it.

Reply to
willshak

After seeing what my neighbor's daughter is paying good money for he might want them to wear out faster so he can sell them on eBay.

Nova

Yuckin' Fuppies, I swear. (I don't care what -age- they are, they're FYs)

-- A sound mind in a sound body is a short but full description of a happy state in this world. -- John Locke

Reply to
Larry Jaques