[OT] Woodworking Shows Rant

The last week in December I ordered a ticket to this weekends ww show in KC on their online site. Last year the show was a mess getting parked and getting into. So I thought I would avoid the 200 yd long(not an exaggeration) and get my ticket early. I should have guessed the ww people didn't have it together when the online form upchucked on the apostrophe in my last name and instead made me try again and again...Well I finally got the ticket ordered...I thought. According to my Visa bill my credit card was billed $10 on Jan 1, 04 ...$8 for ticket and $2 for the dreaded shipping and handling. I got an e-mail confirming my purchase. I had not got my ticket as of last week and sent an email to woodworkers.com ....no reply. Again, last Friday, another email to them...no reply. Well, today I called the phone number shown on my Visa bill, a toll call. I thought it would be worthless to call the 800 number listed on the return e-mail. I was on the phone and hold for nearly 40 minutes with the dippiest, dopiest, diddle-brain naybob that California could cough up. I had to spell my name time after time, pronounce it, spell it like I was charged, L\\\'Hote, asked for authorization number that didn't exist, told it probably would be at the will-call window..one thing after another...Finally, I heard the good news, "I just saved a bundle by switching my car...." NO that's not it..."I just found the order, buuuuuut we sent out a lot of orders for that show and I can't be sure about yours." "Oh!" said I. She replied, "We will send out a ticket to your address, priority mail, today." I didn't respond with the perfunctory, "Thank you." rather just "OK." And that's it. Hummmm, $10 for ticket w/shipping and handling probably another $3-4 for the toll call. My ticket just better get here, that's all I can say.
Larry
I tried to go to the show in Atlanta. First, I orderd a Take Your Spouse Free ticket that was supposed to come by email. It never arrived and, in fact, had not yet arrived even though the show was two weeks ago. We drove down and got stuck in the worst traffic jam that I have ever seen. We waiting in traffic for 20 minutes without getting any closer to the venue when I made a U-turn and we went out and had fun doing other stuff.
--
dbchamber at hotmail spam dot com

Remove the spam to reach me
where would you go to find out when a show will come to a certain area. I'd have to wait till it came to Louisville, Lexington or Knoxville.
--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Lawrence L'Hote" < snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com> wrote in message
look at .. ..
www.thewoodworkingshows.com
KYHighlander wrote:

http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com /

I'd
Yur outaluck. This years schedule
http://www.thewoodworkingshows.com/index.php?pageName=Show_Calender
Larry
Ky, I just checked this afternoon, we're outta luck. No shows close to us! Unless you count St. Louis.
--
"Cartoons don't have any deep meaning.

You just missed the show in Indianapolis (Jan 23-25). They come here every year at about the same time. That may be the closest one to you, depending on where in Kentucky you are. Check www.thewoodworkingshows.com
Larry
[snip] Just now that dippy, doodle headed dingbat managing my tickets

Sigh. The world is full of shit-for-brains fender heads and saying some bad words will always makes me feel better. :-) Another thought: hand the problem off to Bush; I am sure that he can get you back into the army.     mahalo,     j4

The WoodWorks 2004 show here in Ontario, CA, did not even offer to mail the tickets. They said the tickets would be at the will call window. Drove to the show, went to the will call window and my tickets were in an envelope with my name on it.
I think I ordered my tickets online for The Woodworking Shows event in Costa Mesa. They arrived within about a week. Now I feel lucky. Sorry to hear about your problems.
Good Luck, Eric
I am a member and board member of the COLorado woodworkers Guild and we nearly did not participate in the woodworkers show because of this organizations fumbles and idiotic performance last year. THis story does not suprise me at all. Frankly this organization cares very very little about woodworking and all about $$$ so there motivations are not the same as yours or mine. Anyway we did participate and will probably continu to do so but there attitude about customer service sucks. Chris
--
Chris Pine

www.penartists.com

I ordered my tickets for the Indianapolis show on-line, and likewise got them in about a week. *Definitely* worth the two-dollar service charge for the online purchase: when I got there Friday morning, the line of people waiting to buy tickets was about two hundred yards long, and I was able to walk past all of it.