OT: Wood Butcher maybe this was the Texan you referred to.

A couple weeks ago our local NU Cornhuskers played the University of Texas Longhorns here in Lincoln, Nebraska. During half time one of my friends ( Brian ) had reached his capacity of liquid refreshments. Brian is six feet four and weighs 280 plus with none of it fat. In the Men's room Brian walked up to the urinal and started doing his business. About the time he was finishing up a guy about 5 foot 2 inches high in Snake Skin cowboy boots, a $2,000 Western style suit a fifteen gallon Stetson and a huge cigar in his mouth stands next to Brian at the urinal. The Texan looks over at Brian's equipment as he is pulling out what appears to be a five pound hunk of rolled Bologna out of his pants.
In a South Texas drawl he says "Is that the best Nebraska can do?" to Brian. Brian just zips up and as he is washing his hands he tells the sawed off shrimp "We grow Men in Nebraska, not pricks".
Oh BTW I should add the Texan was not Kinky Friedman.
TwoGuns wrote:

Still sore about losing that game, huh?
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Not nearly as sore as losing to OSU yesterday Robert. I always root for the best team in the Big 12 to win the national title and I hope Texas can do it again. Go Texas, Dennis
TwoGuns wrote:
> Not nearly as sore as losing to OSU yesterday Robert.
GO BUCKS!!!
Lew
TwoGuns wrote:
> Not nearly as sore as losing to OSU yesterday Robert.
Actually, when it comes to the OSU, the only game that REALLY counts is still a few weeks away.
The one against Michigan.
The rest of the season is just a giant scrimmage for the Michigan game.
Lew
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Damn, I hate professional sports!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06
Swingman wrote:
> Damn, I hate professional sports!
If you are going to do it, do it right.
That stadium in Ann Arbor seats 100,000.
During football season, you can take your life in your hands going into a bar in NorthWestern Ohio.
Both Michigan and OSU recruit there.
First things first, you have to find out if it's a Michigan or an OSU bar.
Actually, Toledo, OH is closer to Ann Arbor, MI than it is to Columbus, OH, so it is a natural for Michigan recruiters.
Once saw a bumper sticker in Columbus that read:
Directions to Ann Arbor, North till you smell it, West till you step in it.
It is a great rivalry.
Lew
In my earlier post I was referring to OSU as in the Cowboys at Oklahoma State University. A member of the fantastic BIG 12 that managed to kick my Cornhuskers butts with a come from behind win in the last quarter.
I love College football but wouldn't pay a dime to see a Pro game.
Dennis
TwoGuns wrote: > In my earlier post I was referring to OSU as in the Cowboys at Oklahoma > State University. <snip>
Sorry about that, guess there is more than one (1) OSU. <grin>
As Hoyt Axton, an Okie himself, used to say, "Oklahoma, cultural center of the universe".
Lew
TwoGuns wrote:

What in the world do you think college games are? Pickup games?
Just think of all the new cars, gifts, loans, etc., and scholarships that are showered on the athletes because of their prowess by the alumni and their organizations. Do you think they have to have corporate headquarters to help students get an easy ride in college?
And thinking of corporate headquarters, many companies will approach and sign college athletes to contracts, but will not activate the contract until they are through college (graduation notwithstanding). They are then able to go to a friendly bank and borrow against those contracts. Perfectly legal, and completely fine with me. I couldn't care less. But the idea that you are seeing a game between the untainted innocents (not innocence, although....) of college youth is a joke.
Robert
<snip>

Nailed it!
Sports, the juvenile antics that go with them, and the attendant corporate bullshit from little league to the drugged leagues, bore the crap outta me ... and WTF is baseball being played at the end of October for, fercrissakes?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/29/06

That was a Texas "First Grader" wearing that Stetson.

Sounds like the call to the casket manufacturer from a frantic mortuary regarding a six-six client who wanted to be buried in his four-inch heeled boots and Stetson.
"Texan, obviously?"
"Yes, how did you know?"
"Give him an enema and you can bury him in a matchbox...."

LOL.