OT: Wonder how much ...

Not a totally lost art. If you want to see "domesticated" African elephants, go to Livingstone Zambia and the Victoria falls, You can go on elephant rides and elephant "safaris" on african elephants. Eldest daughter did it over the Christmas break from her job in Kigali Rwanda.

Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

It's a MODEL. That means you can change the numbers, and have it work for a gopher, a solder wearing 50 pounds of armour, or a tank.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol

LOL As a runner and a backpacker, I find it relatively difficult to believe that you can convert data based on VO2 capacity for humans to tanks that would have an infinite number of gearing and HP possibilities.

However, this discussion comes down to whether the conclusion of the study is "apparent and obvious to most, but without precision" or if so many intelligent people do not see it as "apparent and obvious" that the expenditure of funds is justified. I think the former, but certainly do not have the statistical data to make any claim other than an opinion.

Additionally, most elevating trails that I'm familiar with use the basic principle of switchback, but the terrain dictactes how often and when the switchbacks occur. This I would assume to make the trailblazing practical. Leads me to wonder what the study brings to the party.

my $.02 worth.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

"Maxwell Lol" wrote

Just poor reading comprehension, fuzzy logic, and irrelevance ... none of which you seem to have improved upon thus far.

Reply to
Swingman

Some times they latch on and just won't let go. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Did the guides have bandages on their thumbs?

Reply to
Fred the Red Shirt