OT: "Windows Live Mail" format question

Page 2 of 2
Some of it will crash your computer. You need to know what you feed your computer when it pukes.
I control my updates also and they are all done manually picked over.
I don't ever use the option for my computer to update windows automatically. I select what to ignore, as I like.
--
Jim in NC

What a waste of bandwidth and confusion (using ">") just to support some of the fancy email/usenet readers that confuse the hell out of the threading if one punctuation mark is missed. Leave it turned off
Just use top posting, the way it was intended to be with the reference text below. Who wants to read all that crap repeatedly, anyway? Stay tuned for the ADHD whining.
Oh LOOK! Your text is right under your OWN message identifier instead of the far end of the message. -----------------------
There was no option to "Indent the original text with '>' when replying or forwarding" under the "Plain Text" button, but unchecking " Reply to messages using the format in which they were sent" seem to do the trick.
Thanks.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:

I don't think you can (maybe there's an add-on).
Your best bet is to find a copy of Outlook Express - copy it from an XP machine.
?

You are correct, the 2011 version does not do it. I was able to revert back to the earlier version and it still does the > marks. I did some searching on Microsoft forums and could not find any work-around. The 2011 version has a few nice features, but is certainly fails for posting to newsgroups.
From what I've been able to determine "Outlook Express" won't run under "Windows 7" unless "Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC" is installed. Installation of "Windows XP Mode and Windows Virtual PC" requires a minimum of "Windows 7 Professional" to be installed. I have the "Home Premium" version. I should probably upgrade my version but I won't do it simply to get "Outlook Express" to run.

Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
"Nova" wrote in message

In it's wisdom MS recently uploaded an "improved" version of WLM that no longer automatically quotes the message being replied to, and despite a howls of protests from WLM users has so far failed to fix this breathtakingly stupid blunder. This is a strong argument in favor of not downloading and installing Windows updates automatically, but rather waiting until you see the public reaction to the latest "improvements".
MS is progressive and usually sets the future.