OT - Windows Live mail

I'm setting up a new computer. I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader. I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages. ..................help...........;-)

Max

Reply to
Max

I'm setting up a new computer. I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader. I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages. ..................help...........;-)

Max

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Click on the tab that says "home". There you will find "catch up". IMHO, Outlook Express was far better. Rather than get used to this POS, get something better.

Reply to
CW

If it is an older version, such as 2010, OK. If it is the latest version, it really sucks as a newsreader. I hated it so much I started using Agent.

You can't delete news messages. Do you mean to mark them as "all read"? If so, the present screen can be marked by using Control A keys. If you mean the 10,000 messages it says exist? Right click and chick on "catch up"

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

-------------------------------------- Suggest you seriously consider astraweb.com as your news reader.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

That's like saying you hated your basic Chevy Chevette so much you upgraded to a Rolls Royce.

About a year ago, I purchased Agent 6 for about $30 and haven't looked back. It does everything I could want and more.

Reply to
Dave

Astraweb is my newsgroup provider/server.

Reply to
Max

========================= I misread your previous post.

With astraweb, you're good to go with Windows Live Mail.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

In heaven's name, WHY?

There are many *much* better programs available.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Don't know why you would want to delete all messages but....

Right click on the group and select properties, then the "local file" tab.

The newsreader is good and compact but a lot of the the features are not for the give up quick crowd and hard to find.

I'm setting up a new computer. I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader. I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages. ..................help...........;-)

Max

Reply to
m II

Mike, Did you used to work as tech support for Dell? ;-)

Reply to
Nova

Toss it. Use Thunderbird instead, or any other free newsreader. Back when I used Windoze I used Gravity or Free Agent, but that was a long time ago.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Thanks, What a PITA! No wonder everyone says, "Get a newsreader". LOL

Max

Reply to
Max

I'll probably do just that.

Max

Reply to
Max

Someone PLEASE explain the above was a joke, or some will will be posting here wondering why there computer no longer works after deleting the messages.

Reply to
Keith Nuttle

I used OE for years. It was free and did everything I ever wanted. Live as OK in the older version, similar to OE. When MS upgraded to the 2011 version, it went to crap for various reasons. I was able to go back to the older version, but when my hard drive burped, I had to re-install and use the newer version.

While Agent is OK, I'd rather be driving my old Chevette. The seat was well worn in, I guess.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Keith Nuttle wrote in news:jd0n41$4db$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

Oh don't worry... it'll only delete the files in the root directory. He forgot the /S switch.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Me too. I was 18 when my dad bought his Chevette. Sure would like to be 18 again, (with current knowledge and attitude of course). I'd start off by saving my money to invest in Microsoft instead of spending it on illicit beer.

Reply to
Dave

On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 23:43:02 -0500, "Morgans"

Yes it will. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate with Office 2003 and its integrated Outlook. Works fine. I like using Outlook, but for a number of activities, I do use Agent 6.0.

Reply to
Dave

You can try other email clients, like Farte Agent but it causes a lot of confusion and fights online due to lack of tolerance and rigid threading format requirements.

Max

Reply to
m II

Reply to