OT - Windows Live mail

Page 1 of 2
I'm setting up a new computer. I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader. I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages. ..................help...........;-)
Max
"Max" wrote in message
I'm setting up a new computer. I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader. I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages. ..................help...........;-)
Max ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Click on the tab that says "home". There you will find "catch up". IMHO, Outlook Express was far better. Rather than get used to this POS, get something better.

If it is an older version, such as 2010, OK. If it is the latest version, it really sucks as a newsreader. I hated it so much I started using Agent.
You can't delete news messages. Do you mean to mark them as "all read"? If so, the present screen can be marked by using Control A keys. If you mean the 10,000 messages it says exist? Right click and chick on "catch up"
"Max" wrote:

-------------------------------------- Suggest you seriously consider astraweb.com as your news reader.
Lew

Astraweb is my newsgroup provider/server.
"Max" wrote:

========================I misread your previous post.
With astraweb, you're good to go with Windows Live Mail.
Lew

That's like saying you hated your basic Chevy Chevette so much you upgraded to a Rolls Royce.
About a year ago, I purchased Agent 6 for about $30 and haven't looked back. It does everything I could want and more.

I used OE for years. It was free and did everything I ever wanted. Live as OK in the older version, similar to OE. When MS upgraded to the 2011 version, it went to crap for various reasons. I was able to go back to the older version, but when my hard drive burped, I had to re-install and use the newer version.
While Agent is OK, I'd rather be driving my old Chevette. The seat was well worn in, I guess.

Me too. I was 18 when my dad bought his Chevette. Sure would like to be 18 again, (with current knowledge and attitude of course). I'd start off by saving my money to invest in Microsoft instead of spending it on illicit beer.
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 23:43:02 -0500, "Morgans"

Yes it will. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate with Office 2003 and its integrated Outlook. Works fine. I like using Outlook, but for a number of activities, I do use Agent 6.0.
"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 23:43:02 -0500, "Morgans"

Yes it will. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate with Office 2003 and its integrated Outlook. Works fine. I like using Outlook, but for a number of activities, I do use Agent 6.0. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
OOOh, I recently got 2003, but I did not know outlook was part of it. I will check it out in the next free time I get. Thanks!
-- Jim in NC
says...

Outlook is. Outlook Express isn't. Outlook doesn't have a newsreader built in--to use it for a newsreader you have to buy a third-party add- in.
says...

Windows 7 should run Outlook Express just fine. The problem is getting an installable copy of Outlook Express, which was never available as a standalone product.
One solution if you have Windows 7 Pro, Enterprise, or Ultimate, is to install XP mode, which gives you a full copy of XP including Outlook Express running in a virtual machine.
On 12/22/2011 5:20 PM, Max wrote:

In heaven's name, WHY?
There are many *much* better programs available.
Don't know why you would want to delete all messages but....
Right click on the group and select properties, then the "local file" tab.
The newsreader is good and compact but a lot of the the features are not for the give up quick crowd and hard to find.
---------------- "Max" wrote in message
I'm setting up a new computer. I want to use Live Mail as a newsreader. I don't seem able to find a way to delete "all" messages. ..................help...........;-)
Max

Thanks, What a PITA! No wonder everyone says, "Get a newsreader". LOL
Max
You can try other email clients, like Farte Agent but it causes a lot of confusion and fights online due to lack of tolerance and rigid threading format requirements.
------------ "Max" wrote in message
Thanks, What a PITA! No wonder everyone says, "Get a newsreader". LOL
Max

I'm discovering that Windows Mail isn't as bad as "advertised". It just takes a little tinkering. I think I'll hang onto it for awhile. It would be nice if MS didn't assume that everyone was totally familiar with their products.
Max
On Thu, 22 Dec 2011 18:40:58 -0500, "Mike Marlow"

Mike, Did you used to work as tech support for Dell? ;-)
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
On 12/22/2011 7:28 PM, Nova wrote:

Someone PLEASE explain the above was a joke, or some will will be posting here wondering why there computer no longer works after deleting the messages.