OT: Why is it called 'Iowa'?

Page 2 of 2

(Mike M) did sayeth: <snip> "Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes balls to get old!"
< Well that explains a lot about some old women I've met.
What??? Did you check????
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"
Wed, Jun 6, 2007, 1:30pm snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (MikeM) doth asketh: What??? Did you check????
Nope. I don't have the balls.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
(Mike M) doth asketh: What??? Did you check????
Nope. I don't have the balls.
Bah! Kids!!!!
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"
Wed, Jun 6, 2007, 3:32pm snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (MikeM) Bah! Kids!!!!
Nope, vasectomy in 1980.
I'm 66 now, and I've learned to appreciate older women. You know, 21, 22, 23.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
(Mike M) Bah! Kids!!!!
Nope, vasectomy in 1980.
I'm 66 now
Great age! When's the apocalypse?
, and I've learned to appreciate older women. You know, 21, 22, 23.
Too old for me. <eg>
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"
Mon, Jun 11, 2007, 3:41pm snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com (MikeM) doth sayeth: <snip> Too old for me. <eg>
16 will get you 20.
JOAT If a man does his best, what else is there? - General George S. Patton
On Jun 11, 10:40 pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

14 will get you 12
(MY 14-year old daughter will get you 12 (gauge))
(Mike M) doth sayeth:

Too messy.
--

"Anybody can have more birthdays; but it takes
balls to get old!"
(Mike M) doth sayeth: <snip> Too old for me. <eg>
16 will get you 20.
Not if I'm 17.
--

Robatoy wrote:
|| Mike in Arkansas wrote: || ||| IOWA?? huh, here in Arkansas we pronounce that OHIO || || Ok - I suppose it was for my friends in Arkansas that I added maps || to my web site showing where Iowa is located... :-D | | When you look at the big USA map, we're not that far from each | other...but tell me.. how did a yellow state vote?
Cautiously.
-- Morris Dovey DeSoto Solar DeSoto, Iowa USA http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/where.html
Robatoy wrote:

I always thought: Cali - from the Latin calefacere - to make warm or hot
Fornia - from the Latin fornicari - to fornicate
Thus, the place of hot sex
Glen
Mon, Jun 4, 2007, 12:27pm (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca (Robatoy) typed a bunch of stuff about the states that I snipped.
My theory is, you're being kept away from sharp objects for awhile; so, with no access to your shop, you have a lot of excess time on your hands, and came up with this to busy yourself.
Everything quoted below to simply use up bandwidth and break with the newest of internet traditions...
Now... My REAL question: What is the source for this list?
V8013-R