OT: Who is your real best friend?

Who is your real best friend?
This really works...!
If you don't believe it, just try this experiment.
Put your dog and your spouse in the trunk of the car for an hour.
When you open the trunk, who is really happy to see you?
On Mon, 1 Dec 2008 19:34:01 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

I walked forty-seven miles of barbed wire, I got a cobra snake for a necktie A brand new house on the road side, and it's a-made out of rattlesnake hide Got a band new chimney put on top, and it's a-made out of human skull Come on take a little walk with me baby, and tell me who do you love? Who do you love? Who do you love?
Regards,
You are getting too much time in the truck with the cd player.
Everybody does like George...
Tom Watson wrote:

George who? That's a Bo Diddly song that pretty much every rock/blues artist has covered in the last 52 years. Good versions exist by everyone from Hot Tuna to Mahogany Rush to Patti Smith.
scott
True about Bo, but he did not get any air play with that song.
George did:
http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/g/georgethorogoodandthedestroyers8840.html
The other groups you mentioned are only know to about two obscure dj's in NJ.
Scott Lurndal wrote:

[ top posting repaired]

C'est what?
Don't ascribe your ignorance to others, please.
So you've never heard of the Stones, Golden Earring, UFO, the Doors, the Grateful Dead or the Band, all of whom covered Who Do you Love in addition to the admittedly slightly more obscure names mentioned above?
scott
On Tue, 2 Dec 2008 20:57:52 +0000, Scott Lurndal wrote

umm.. sorry but I had to see the link to find out which George was meant, and I've still not heard that version. When was it.. recent, or vintage?
Damn fine song anyways up.
The version I remember best was Juicy Lucy...
writes:

Shows you how backwards I've become. I ascribed the song to Quicksilver Messenger Service Sheesh, who knew.
Dave in Houston

Good gracious. QMS... well, shit. I will have to dig back into my vinyl collection again.
In article <0d25557d-1cef-4c14-ad82-23e10c7a9823

One of the best things they put out ... (which doesn't mean to say I didn't like the rest of their portfolio, mostly).
-P.

Bah! I hear the original Bo Diddley recording of it far more than the George Thorogood version, and I'm afraid Hot Tuna and Patti Smith are both _somewhat_ more well-known than you think. (Mahogany Rush, I'll concede to being fairly obscure.)
And curiously, heard a cover of it by the Dead a few weeks ago.
Apparently you just need to upgrade your radio stations. :-)
Colin
Also heard
Mahogany Rush isn't obscure, everybody I know used to listen to them in High School. Frank Marino is still around every now and then.

Marino wails. I have some of his stuff on vinyl...must give that a listen soon.

You need help.....but it is funny

Speaking of sick, I recently found this:
If your dog is barking at the back door and your wife is hollering for you to let her in the front door, which do you do first?
Let the dog in, because you know he will shut up when the door opens.
(The sentiments expressed inthis statement in no way represent the opinions of the poster.)

Not if there's any possible way your wife might see your message eh? :)
Friends help you move.
Real friends help you move bodies.