OT: where to find "screened louvered vents"

Hello,
This is definitely not woodworking-related, but you guys are the most helpful newsgroup I follow:
Does anybody know where I can find a "screened louvered vent"? It is a small plug-like item that can be fit into a hole drilled into some flat surface and provides a mesh-protected ventilation hole:
http://www.wormdigest.org/images/offtheshelfbin_001.jpg
http://www.wormdigest.org/images/ots_bin_design.pdf
The local Home Depot doesn't stock such an item.
I am located in the Toronto, ON area.
Thanks!
- Daniel
Wed, Jul 28, 2004, 5:23am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net (Daniel) queries: Does anybody know where I can find a "screened louvered vent"? <snip> The local Home Depot doesn't stock such an item. I am located in the Toronto, ON area.
Yep.
Probably the last place I'd check for "anything", would be Home Depot. Here would be maybe next to last. LMAO
I've seen thingies like that in the local hardware store. Be a long trip, but if you want to travel, I'll give you directions.
If I was wanting something like that, I'd either start at the local hardware store on a trip to town, or get on the phone and start calling - real stores, not Home Depot.
JOAT Expensive tennis shoes won't cure a sore toe. - Bazooka Joe JERUSALEM RIDGE http://www.banjer.com/midi/jerridge.mid
Any full service lumberyard. Ask for "pop-in vents". Most commonly used locally for soffit and/or sidewall venting.

When I built houses, I got these from the lumberyard along with the framing material, or I got it from a sheet metal/roofing supplier.
Preston

Ok, JOAT obviously pointed out I asked a vague question, so lemme try again:
Does anybody know anything that would help me locate/purchase the item called a "screened louvered vent" in the webdocuments referenced below? It is not a ventilation cap with flaps that is usually installed at the exterior exhaust end of a stove/washroom/dryer vent; (I think) the thing is more of a small 1 to 2 inch plastic mesh plug or a plastic circular frame fitted with mesh.
- does the item go by a more common or proper name? - what section of the hardware store would I look for it at? - anybody know of a good owner-operated hardware store in York Region (North of Toronto) that I can go to instead of the BORG?
Thanks again.
- Daniel
Daniel wrote:

I just called them round, soffit vents.
Preston

again:
Daniel wrote:

what you have in mind?
If so, try looking for a "round soffit vent".
--
--John
FWIW Home Depot's catalog lists Circular Louvers in 1, 2, 3, 4 inch sizes made by Leslie Locke their part number RLSC1, 2, 3, 4 with Home Depot SKU 873510, 388719, 139513, or 388736 respectively.